Hairballs are clumps of hair that cats vomit up after swallowing during grooming. Hairballs may seem harmless, but hair that stays in the stomach too long can harden into a dense mass that can cause digestive irritation and even block the digestive tract.
Symptoms of Hairballs in Cats
- Vomiting of thin tube-like masses
- Poor appetite
Cats More Prone to Getting Hairballs
- Older cats because they tend to lose more fur with age
- Long-haired breeds such as Persians and Maine Coons
- Cats that shed a lot or groom themselves excessively
These holistic supplements have been formulated as a natural remedy for hairballs in cats that can help dissolve digested hairballs, relieve pain & discomfort, and support your cat’s overall health.
Prevention and Additional Support Tips
- Brush your cat daily to remove loose fur which will effectively minimize hairballs.
- Talk to your vet about providing a healthy hairball formula food as well as supplementing with cat hairball natural remedies.
- Keep your cat active to encourage a healthy digestive system which will keep the hair moving through instead of forming clumps.
- Give your cat plenty of water because dehydration can affect your cat’s digestion.
Causes of Hairballs
Cats have rough tongues that consist of tiny backward-slanted projections called papillae located on the surface area. When cats self-groom, these papillae easily catch the loose hair and fur which is then digested. A majority of this hair passes through the digestive system with no problem, but if the hair stays in the stomach, it forms a hairball. Usually, cats will vomit up the hairball which presents itself as a narrow tube-like structure due to passing through the narrow esophagus.
NHV Natural Pet Products include a range of cat hairball natural remedies that can help dissolve and eliminate them as well as helping to reduce any constipation caused by hair build up.
A Natural Supplement for Hairballs
At NHV, our cat hairball supplements are glycerin based and safe to be given long-term along with any vet prescribed medications and have been third-party tested to guarantee quality, concentration, and authenticity. All of our products are manufactured in a GNC/FDA certified facility and are used globally, not just in America.
To find out more about hairballs in cats,read our blog because, at NHV, we want to help your pet live healthier for longer naturally!