Remedies for Symptoms of Whipworm in Cats
Whipworms are thin worms with a whip-like formation in appearance and live in the large intestine where it attaches and feeds on blood. Whipworms can infect cats of any age and survive in the environment anywhere from a few months to a few years.
Symptoms of Whipworm in Cats
- Weight loss
- Mucous or blood in the stool
- Anemia—including weakness and pale gums usually seen in chronic, heavy infections
How Whipworms Infect Cats
- Whipworm eggs can be present in the soil, food, and water as well as in feces and animal flesh.
- Cats can be infected by eating infested matter or through contact with other animals.
- Once ingested, the eggs develop into larvae and move from the small intestine to the large intestine where they mature into adult whipworms.
When cats are infected with whipworm, most do not exhibit any symptoms, but the intestines can become inflamed as the number of worms increases.
At NHV, our proprietary blend of holistic herbs can help ease symptoms as well as eliminating whipworms and repair the damage the parasites have caused.
Additional Support Tips
- It takes a month for whipworm eggs to become infectious so they can easily be controlled by keeping everything clean and sanitary as well as promptly disposing of feces.
- By keeping your kitty’s living area clean and dry will render the whipworm ineffective as they do not thrive in arid environments.
- Regular deworming is a safe way to control the occurrence of these parasites. Find out more about the deworming your pet at NHV online.
NHV offers a wide range of herbal support that is safe to use in conjunction with conventional treatment for whipworms in cats. Some of our powerful herbs include:
- Elecampane which has a paralyzing effect on the central nervous system of worms.
- Wormwood expels intestinal worms and parasite infestations.
- Papaya helps dissolve the worm’s outer layer.
- Oregon Grape will help relieve indigestion and malabsorption as well as having antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties.
Read our story and get to know NHV. If you have questions about holistic remedies for symptoms of whipworm in your cat, ask an NHV expert because we want your kitty to live a healthier longer life naturally.