Anatolian Shepherd Dog
Anatolian Shepherd Dogs are very large and strong, with good sight, hearing, and agility. They were originally bred to protect livestock, and defend against predators. It is said that their coat colour variety (white, fawn, brindle), help them blend into the scenery and guard the livestock they are protecting. Their protective nature makes them ideal guardian dogs, but their dominant and self reliant personalities require firm training and socialization by an experienced owner. They are fierce protectors of their family, but once you’ve earned an Anatolian’s loyalty, he will guard you with his life.
Common Health Conditions
- Anatolian Shepherd dogs are susceptible to lipomas, which are benign masses or tumors that develop commonly in dogs. They are usually soft, with limited mobility under the skin.
- If your dog has a weakened or compromised immune system they can develop demodectic mange. This disorder can be localized, occurring as patches of red, scaly, skin with hair loss on the head, neck and forelegs.
- Shepherd Dogs have an independent mind of their own and are not pushovers to raise and train – this makes for a strong and dominant temperament.
- Natures Immuno aids as an anti-cancer support, and may help reduce lipoma growth.
- Treatment of mites with anti-parasitic medication in both dogs and cats involves treating secondary skin infections, balanced, wholesome nutrition, and supporting the immune system with supplement, such as NHV Stimmune.
- Help reduce aggression and anxiety in your dog with Matricalm, a natural herbal product designed to help reduce excitability in your pet. Dogs can become anxious or aggressive when exposed to other animals or to people they are unfamiliar with.