Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Cats
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is also known as inflammatory bowel disease, and is identified by persistent signs of inflammation.
Symptoms of IBS in Cats
- Frequent passing of small feces and mucous
- Weight loss
- Vomiting and diarrhea
NHV’s plant-based pet products contain potent herbs that help maintain normal bowel function as well as reducing pain and discomfort. Read this real pet story about 15-year-old Koda, the kitty with IBS.
Causes of IBS in Cats
There is no definitive single cause, but the following sources may contribute to the development of this condition.
IBS can be challenging to diagnose due to the symptoms occurring intermittently as well as resembling other diseases. Although this disease is rarely cured, dietary changes have been known to help in reducing the symptoms.
At NHV, we have a wide range of natural remedies for cats with irritable bowel syndrome that are vet-approved and safe to use long-term.
Additional Support Tips
If your pet’s condition is caused by parasites:
- Deworming may help ease symptoms
- Talk to your vet about Including NHV’s Inulin PK and Plantaeris which will further aid in eliminating the worms, as well as repairing the damage done by the parasites.
If your pet’s condition is caused by stress:
- Combine NHV Plantaeris and LessStress will help calm your pet and reduce anxiety.
If your pet’s condition is caused by bacteria, food, or allergies:
- Combining NHV Stimmune and Plantaeris will ease allergy symptoms, soothe and relieve spasms in the digestive tract as well as supporting the immune system to help fight infections.
All of our herbal supplements can provide support for your cat’s IBS naturally with the treatment prescribed by your vet for comprehensive care. Find out more about dietary changes on our blog at Vet Talk.
If you have questions regarding natural remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome in cats or any of our holistic supplements, you can contact us free on our Pet Expert Hotline: 1-877-937-4372 or contact us online and ask an expert at NHV.
Our experts are here to help answer questions, offer guidance, and give support along the way to all pet parents, because, at NHV, we want your cat to feel purfect and healthy naturally.