- Fleas are tiny wingless insects that feed off the blood of their hosts causing intense itching that may lead to a secondary infection in cats as well as the humans living with them.
- Fleas often carry disease that may cause serious illness in kittens as well as immunocompromised animals leading to potential anemia due to blood loss.
- It only takes one flea bite to cause a reaction, and many cats can have allergic reactions to the saliva of fleas resulting in flea allergy dermatitis.
Symptoms of Fleas
- Intense itching
- Hair loss
- Nibbling at their skin
- Secondary infections
Our holistic veterinarians and master herbalists at NHV have formulated 100% natural cat flea remedies that can keep fleas off of your feline family member, and help to heal the damage they cause.
Conditions in Cats Caused by Fleas
- Flea Allergy Dermatitis - This skin inflammation can cause severe itching which can depend on the cat’s sensitivity and can also lead to extensive hair loss. With NHV’s cat flea remedy, your feline can achieve a healthier response to skin allergies such as dermatitis.
- Feline Miliary Dermatitis - You can identify this condition by merely parting your cat’s fur and examining the skin for signs of irritation and small solid bumps that may be crusted over due to the intense scratching.
The Flea Life Cycle
- The entire four-stage life cycle can last anywhere between 12 days to 350 days.
- Fleas mate after feeding and the female lays her eggs within two days of her first blood meal.
- One female can lay as many as 50 eggs each day.
- Flea eggs are tiny, white, and oval-shaped that infest and later hatch on your cat as well as in areas of the house such as bedding and carpet. Using NHV’s cat flea natural spray can safely rid your kitty of insects and their eggs.
- Flea infestations tend to peak during late summer.
NHV’s cat flea remedy contains all-natural supplements to help support the immune system and aid the body in fighting recurrent infections.
Additional Support Tips
To determine if your cat has fleas, slowly part their fur and look for fast moving creatures or signs of reddish brown excrement. Generally, fleas stay on their hosts until forced off by insecticides or grooming.
Help promote your cat’s health naturally by giving organically grown herbal supplements that will provide support in addition to conventional treatment. At NHV, we have an abundant amount of cat flea remedies to choose from, but if you are unsure or have questions, feel free to ask the experts because our primary concern is your feline feeling healthy naturally.