The Bedlington Terrier has an adorable lamblike appearance, with an unusual gait, light trot, and a silly personality to match. Don't let his appearance fool you, however. The Bedlington is a highly intelligent and alert terrier. They love the day to day excitement of family life, and love to be the center of attention. Due to their wooly fur, the Bedlington Terrier barely sheds and is an ideal hypoallergenic dog for allergy sufferers.
Common Health Conditions
- There are a few different types of stones that can form in the kidney or in the bladder, and Bedlington Terriers are more likely to develop them than other breeds.
- Copper storage hepatopathy is a condition caused by an abnormal accumulation of copper in your Bedlington Terrier’s liver, which can lead to progressive damage of the liver.
- Bedlington Terriers can develop irritable eye conditions- and you may notice your Bedlington Terrier squinting or rubbing.
- Tripsy is a soothing formula that controls infection, has a demulcent effect for urinary calculi and supports the health of kidneys and bladder that can be present in Bedlington Terriers.
- Milk Thistle helps support Bedlingtons with copper storage hepatopathy as it helps detoxify the liver and kidney by removing toxins that can build up in a pet`s system.
- Ey Eas helps provide relief for irritable eye conditions that cause discomfort and long-term damage if left untreated. It is also helpful for dogs that are continually rubbing their eyes, tearing excessively, or avoiding light.