Support Your Dog with Remedies to Heal their Ear Infection
Ear infections can be both painful and irritating, and dogs are particularly prone to getting them. All dogs are at risk; however, retrievers and spaniels are at higher risk.
Risk Factors for Ear Infections
- Overgrowth of yeast, bacteria or both
- Wax build up in the ear canal.
- Presence of a foreign body in the ear
- Environmental irritants
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Autoimmune Disease
Our holistic veterinarians and master herbalist have formulated dog ear infection remedies that support your dog while they heal. These 100% natural dietary supplements should be taken in conjunction with your vet’s prescribed canine ear infection treatments for natural support.
Symptoms of Ear Infections in Dogs
- Shaking or tilting the head in the direction of the infected ear
- Scratching or pawing at the ear
- Strong odor
- Redness or swelling of the ear flap or ear canal area
- Discharge resembling coffee grounds
- Black or yellowish discharge
- Waxy build up occurring on or near the ear canal
- Loss of balance
- Hearing loss
Otitis Externa - Outer Ear Infection
- Most common ear disorder in dogs
- Dogs with long droopy ears are over 80% more likely to develop this condition.
- Inflammation occurring in the outer ear triggers this condition.
- Inflammation can be caused by bacteria, yeast, parasites, mites or allergies which could be either environmental or food related.
Otitis Media - Middle Ear Infection
- This form of infection is frequently due to otitis externa progressing into the middle ear.
- This condition is more painful than otitis externa
- A sign that your dog has otitis media is when the dog tilts its head down on the affected side, and due to extreme pain, your dog may react to touching the infected ear.
NHV’s dog ear infection remedies can help soothe the external pain that comes from an ear infection. Use these natural supplements for canine ear infections with treatment prescribed by your veterinarian.
Additional Support Tips
If left untreated, ear infections can become chronic and more severe leading to possible deafness, so it is imperative to seek treatment as soon as symptoms occur.
At NHV natural pet products, our pet experts are here to help answer questions, offer guidance and give support along the way because our primary goal is to help your pet live a healthier and longer life naturally.