Help Your Dog Heal Naturally
When a dog is constipated, their bowel movements can be infrequent, uncomfortable, or difficult to pass. Fortunately, it is a common issue that can be easily treated in most cases.
Typically, a dog will average one to two stools per day, but they can also go without having a bowel movement for a day or two. Stools should be average in size with no signs of straining or difficulty during the defecation process. Stools can become hard, dry and difficult to pass if more than two days go by, so what can you do for a dog with constipation?
The dietary supplements at NHV Natural Pet Products are formulated by veterinarians and herbalists with 20+ years of experience treating animals. They are 100% natural, human-grade, and produced in an FDA-approved facility. Try these herbal remedies for constipation in dogs that are in use around the world.
We have a supportive professional team of pet experts that can help with advice. Call our free pet expert hotline at 1-877-937-4372 (8am-5pm PST) by phone or contact us by email & live chat.
Causes of Constipation in Dogs
Dogs who are middle-aged and older are more susceptible to being constipated, but that is usually due to insufficient hydration. Beside inadequate water intake or conditions which cause dehydration, other causes include:
- Ingesting indigestible materials such as bone chips, hair, cloth, grass, and paper
- Constipation may be a side effect from some medications given for various disorders.
Symptoms of Constipation in Dogs
- Obvious discomfort when defecating
- The absence of bowel movements
- Pain when defecating
Constipation may also occur with a condition called colitis, which is an inflammation of the colon. It is imperative to visit your vet to rule this out.
Additional Support Tips on What to do for Dog Constipation
- Provide plenty of water for your dog.
- Limit access to indigestible materials such as bone, paper, and wood.
- Let your dog out frequently during the day to allow time to defecate.
- Never give over-the-counter laxatives to dogs as they can be extremely dangerous.
At NHV, we have human-grade quality herbal remedies for dogs with constipation. Our natural herbal supplements provide support to help promote soft stools as well as fostering colon health. Try an NHV natural remedy today.