Support Your Cat’s Digestion Naturally
Diarrhea is a digestive disorder that may lead to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and shock if allowed to continue. It typically takes food about eight hours to pass through the small intestine where a majority of the food eaten along with 80 percent of the water will be absorbed. The colon then forms the remaining fecal matter into a well-shaped stool.
When cats have diarrhea, they will pass frequent, loose and unformed stools. At NHV, our complete line of natural remedies for diarrhea in cats can help aid in digestion as well as soothe and relieve spasms in the gastrointestinal tract.
Causes of Diarrhea in Cats
- Intestinal Parasites - This is one of the most common causes of diarrhea in cats, and they include the following parasites:
- Decayed food
- Dead animals
Additional Support Tips
The following are a few helpful support tips you can use if your cat is suffering from diarrhea.
- Provide plenty of water to help prevent dehydration
- Consider restricting access to food for 24 hours.
- Watch for signs of weakness and depression.
- Look for stools that are black and tarry or contain blood.
- See your vet if diarrhea continues and is accompanied by fever or vomiting.
NHV Natural Pet Products offer a wide range of holistic natural remedies for diarrhea in cats. Read our blog about how effective plant-based remedies for diarrhea in cats can be, and if you have questions or concerns about our products, you can ask an expert because at NHV we put your feline family member first!