Chronic Renal Failure
100% Natural Supplements for Symptoms of Renal Failure in Cats
Renal failure is due to the kidneys failing to eliminate waste products from the blood, causing toxins to accumulate. There are two types of renal failure, acute and chronic, both of which are common conditions in cats.
Chronic Renal Failure (CRF)
CRF is a condition due to long-standing irreversible kidney damage that impairs the kidney’s ability to filter and remove waste products from the blood. This slow and progressive condition can go undetected for months or even years causing severe damage and preventing the kidneys from functioning properly.
CRF is one of the most common forms of kidney failure and one of the significant causes of illness and death in older cats, although it can be seen in younger cats as well.
Symptoms of Renal Failure in Cats
- Increased water intake and frequent urination
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
- Mouth sores
- Weight loss
Learn more about chronic renal failure in cats on Vet Talk with Dr. Hillary Cook on NHV’s blog.
Acute Renal Failure (ARF)
ARF can affect cats at any age but is more prevalent in younger cats. Causes of ARF include:
- Kidney disease
- Trauma to the kidneys
- Congenital disorders
- Poisoning caused by ingestion of toxins that attack the kidney, such as:
- Poisonous plants
- Certain medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used to treat cats with heart disease
At NHV, we offer a wide range of plant-based remedies that can help balance and support the immune system to combat your cat’s symptoms of renal failure with ingredients that are safe to use long-term to help maintain proper renal health.
Additional Support Tips
- Keep all toxic substances away from your cats such as antifreeze, aspirin, grapes, and raisins.
- Talk to your vet about incorporating a high-quality, well-balanced diet along with natural supplements to help keep kitty’s kidneys functioning correctly.
Using NHV’s holistic supplements for your cat’s renal failure with treatment prescribed by your vet is not only safe; it will give your kitty the comprehensive care needed for complete health and wellness. You can read more about finding the right balance with comprehensive care on NHV's blog.
Visit our website for more information on natural remedies for symptoms of renal failure in cats because, at NHV, we support your furry family member’s health and wellbeing naturally.