Parasite Support for Pets
Worms and parasites can live in all the lovely things that your curious furkiddo may stop to investigate on their daily walks like dead animals, soil, and poop, so we recommend deworming your pet at least twice a year. Deworm puppies, kittens, and outdoor cats at least three or more times a year. If left untreated, worms can cause severe health issues, including damage to the GI tract, blood loss, and malabsorption. Some worm infections can also affect humans, so deworming your pet regularly is a good habit to keep your pet happy and parasite-free!
Most common signs of worms and parasites in cats and dogs:
- Weight loss
- Pot-bellied appearance
- Diarrhea (worms may be present in stool)
- Dull looking coat
- Scooting (dragging hindquarters along the ground)
- Lack of appetite
How NHV Remedies Support Pets With Worms
To eliminate your furkiddo’s parasites, your veterinarian may recommend an oral deworming agent. For a natural approach, which may help with the gentle elimination of worms, we recommend NHV’s Natural Deworming Gold Kit. This bundle, which can be used in conjunction with traditional dewormers, contains Inulin-PK and Milk Thistle. Inulin-PK contains many herbal ingredients with antiparasitic and antimicrobial properties to help fight infection and gently eliminate parasites. The Milk Thistle in this kit may help improve liver function and help remove the toxins nasty worms may leave behind. Most worms are parasitic in nature and can release their own toxins to get what they need from your pet’s body. So the liver could become overworked to get rid of extra toxins, as well as trying to replenish dwindling nutrient levels, throughout the body.
The herbs in Inulin-PK have been used for fighting parasitic infections for thousands of years; it can be used twice a year as yearly care. If your little one has worms, continue on the product long term until the worms have passed. This gentle yet effective supplement kit can be used alone or alongside pharmaceuticals as additional support.
Inulin-PK for Cats and Dogs
- A natural parasite and deworming remedy
- Can support gentle elimination of roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms and whipworms
- Supports the body with repairing damage caused by parasitic infections
- Ingredients like papaya help dissolve worms’ outer layers and Jamaica Quassia help flush parasites out of the body
- Beneficial for re-balancing the immune system
Milk Thistle for Pets
- Can support the liver and reduce fatigue from toxic overload (due to parasites)
- Beneficial for encouraging liver regeneration (parasites can damage liver cells)
Types of Worms
Roundworms can infect both dogs and cats. They are commonly ingested through the soil and fecal matter that is contaminated with eggs and larvae as well as ingesting infected animals like rats, birds, and insects. The problem with Roundworms is that as adults, they can cause severe damage in the lungs. They live in the small intestine, where they grow and multiply exponentially that can lead to a severe intestinal blockage. Unfortunately, humans can get roundworms by walking barefoot on contaminated soil or grass.
Hookworms can also affect both kitties and pups. They can be swallowed but can also infect pets by penetrating the skin in their paws. Like Roundworms, hookworms can be passed on to their offspring through nursing and in utero. These parasites will attach themselves to the inner intestinal wall and survive by feeding on their host’s blood supply. Hookworms can cause severe blood loss and anemia and can be fatal if left untreated. Pets infected with hookworms will exhibit symptoms like weight loss, runny and bloody stools. They can also be transmitted to humans and have been known to cause a skin disease called cutaneous larval migrants.
Much larger and flatter than most worms, tapeworms are a lot easier to notice in poop. Both dogs and cats can get sick from tapeworms, typically transmitted by eating small rodents that are carrying infected flea larvae. Like hookworms, tapeworms also live inside the small intestine. These parasites generally do not cause serious issues for your furkiddo but can cause a bit of an upset tummy. They are often visible in feces (they look like grains of rice) and they can sometimes be seen poking out around your pet’s anus. These tapeworms cannot be transmitted to humans, due to the fact that the human and animal tapeworm species differ slightly.
Include Vet-Formulated Supplements with Your Pet’s Care Plan
Supporting your pet through the deworming process with NHV helps provide them with the natural support their body needs to help fight a parasitic infection. Supplements like Inulin PK, and Milk Thistle are safe for long-term use, and all of our care products are created by a holistic veterinarian and master herbalist with over 50 years of experience. Get in touch with a pet expert if you want to discuss your little one’s unique needs.
- item number
- 1.40 LBS
- 2 x 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
Inulin-PK for Cats and Dogs
- Bacopa—Is an ancient Ayurvedic herb that has antiparasitic properties, promotes GI health, helps eliminate toxins and reduces inflammation
- Celandine—Helps protect the liver, helps relieve discomfort, improve bile production, and can relieve muscle spasms in the GI tract; beneficial for irritable bowel syndrome and constipation
- Elecampane—Very gentle and safe for all pets, puppies and kittens (must be weaned and vaccinated); supports healthy elimination of parasites (roundworms, hookworms and whipworms)
- Fennel—Contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that relieve digestive issues like spasms, excessive gas and cramping
- Jamaica Quassia—Jamaica Quassia—Contains anthelmintic properties that help expel parasitic worms from the body and can enhance other properties in Inulin-PK
- Milk Thistle—Contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help remove toxins, support liver functioning and cell regeneration (to heal damage from parasites) and support immune function
- Oregon Grape—Contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that aids with improving immunity, digestion and increases bile production (which helps expel worms), can improve nutrient absorption
- Papaya—Papain enzyme is beneficial for dissolving the worm’s outer defenses; useful in preventing and relieving GI tract issues and managing symptoms of elephantoid growths (rare lymphatic disorder caused by parasitic worms)
- Wormwood—As the name suggests, it has been used for centuries to expel worms and parasites from the body; safe for puppies and kittens and helps to re-invigorate GI tract like boosting bile flow (which helps eliminate worms)Wormwood—As the name suggests, it has been used for centuries to expel worms and parasites from the body; safe for puppies and kittens and helps to re-invigorate GI tract like boosting bile flow (which helps eliminate worms)Wormwood—As the name suggests, it has been used for centuries to expel worms and parasites from the body; safe for puppies and kittens and helps to re-invigorate GI tract like boosting bile flow (which helps eliminate worms)
Milk Thistle for Pets
- Milk Thistle—Contains antioxidants, helps removes toxins, encourages liver regeneration, boosts kidney function, balances the immune system, and helps slow oxidative stress
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use.The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.