Daily Nutritional Support for Pets
Without vitamins and minerals, your furkiddo may develop nutritional deficiencies that disrupt normal body functioning and can lead to chronic injury or illness. You may be wondering why your pet would benefit from daily dog vitamins or natural cat vitamins if they are getting everything they need from their food. Most commercial pet foods try their best to meet the minimum recommendations for vitamins and minerals set by regulating organizations like the AAFCO. However, things to keep in mind are:
- These minimum recommendations are generalizations and do not take into account your pet's unique dietary needs.
- Some pets may require larger amounts of vitamins and minerals like our four-legged pals battling a chronic illness or injury.
- These minimum requirements are meant to prevent diseases caused by the absence of specific vitamins and minerals (only studied in isolation at a lab). Vitamins and minerals in the body do not exist in isolation. There are many other micronutrients beneficial for optimal pet health that are often not included in these nutritional requirements.
- Any time food is processed, a large quantity of the nutritional value in the raw ingredients is destroyed. Manufacturers generally have to add vitamins and minerals back into the food.
- The majority of pets only eat one brand and type of food, so they may not be getting everything they need for optimal health.
- Certain pet food may meet AAFCO requirements, but they may lack quality and require additional nutrient supplementation.
- Even homemade diets and raw food diets may require natural supplementation to ensure that your pet is getting everything they need to be healthy.
Like humans, vitamins and minerals in our furbaby’s body work together synergistically rather than function as isolated chemicals. When we single out a vitamin, we may lose the balance that nature provides with interdependent co-factors (helper molecules) like trace minerals or phytochemicals. The best way for your pet to get the vitamins and minerals they need is to get them from whole plant sources rather than made synthetically in a lab. Our Daily Pet Supplement Bundle contains NHV Multi-Essentials, NHV Turmeric, NHV Petomega 3 and NHV Yucca. All of our supplements are full-spectrum and made from the finest quality herbs. Each blend is specifically formulated for pets. Full-spectrum means that all of the vitamins, minerals and trace elements are kept intact during the extraction process to make it bioavailable as daily dog vitamins or natural cat vitamins for your furkiddo.
How NHV’s Natural Daily Dog and Cat Vitamins Support Health and Vitality
NHV Multi Essentials is full of herbs that are rich in vitamins and minerals to help with many important body processes including healthy immune function and metabolism. Turmeric contains free-radical scavengers that may help reduce inflammation in the body; it is high in antioxidants which support healthy detoxification and liver function. Petomega 3 is beneficial for cardiac health, metabolism and healthy skin and coat. And Yucca is a highly nutritious superfood that promotes healthy absorption and a soothing aid for inflamed joints.
- Contains herbs rich in a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron, manganese, iodine, potassium, amino acids, b complex, vitamin D
- Natural aid to promote healthy a healthy GI tract
- Encourages healthy metabolism and weight
- May help regulate blood sugar levels
- Beneficial for increased energy levels and overall vitality
- Beneficial for healthy immune function
- Contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties
- Antimicrobial and antiseptic properties are beneficial for healing wounds
- May help strengthen and regenerate liver
- May stimulate bile flow (for improved digestion)
- May help promotes circulation in the body
- Supports joints, bones and muscles
- Supports healthy brain, heart and eyes
- Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA promote healthy skin and coat
- May help improve immune system function
- Support for inflamed muscles and joints in pets
- May help relieve discomfort
- Beneficial for absorption and regulating appetite
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals (superfood)
Help your Pet Live Their Best Life With NHV Supplements
In short, it’s a good idea to supplement your furkiddo’s daily diet with vitamins and minerals. All of our products are 100% natural and free of any artificial colors, additives or preservatives. Your pet’s health is important to us so if you have any more questions about using multivitamins to optimize their health, hit the button below to get in touch with an NHV Pet Expert.
- item number
- 2.80 LBS
- 3 x 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml) + 1x 8fl. oz. (237ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
- Alfalfa—Contains a broad spectrum of nutrient rich herbs, including herbs that have high levels of protein (amino acids), trace minerals, dietary fiber and vitamins A, B1, B12, C, D, E and K; high in chlorophyll which is an antioxidant in the bloodstream
- Asian Ginseng—Improves overall vitality in the body and brain function, increase resistance to disease and stress; helps enhance lipid and carbohydrate metabolism
- Chickweed—Has a long history of being used for its nutritive properties and as a digestive tonic; rich source of ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium, flavonoids, riboflavin, thiamine and zinc; beneficial support for stomach, bladder and blood disorders
- Dandelion—Considered to be one of the most complete plant foods on earth; contains vitamins A, C, K, D, B complex, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and trace minerals
- Kelp—A seaweed that is considered a superfood due to its high level of nutrients including vitamins A, B12, B6, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus; rich source of iodine which stimulates the thyroid gland and boosts metabolism
- Marshmallow—Particularly helpful for urinary tract infections, digestive disorders soothing, lubricating protective barrier for irritated inner mucosa membranes like the GI tract or respiratory tract; contains antimicrobial and immune-stimulating properties
- Oat—Beneficial for brain function; rich source of protein, B vitamins, vitamin E, K, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and copper; may improve resistance to organ stress
- Oregon Grape—Contains antimicrobial and antiparasitic properties that help fight infections; its high content of isoquinoline alkaloids help strengthen the immune system and calm nerves
- Parsley—Particularly rich in protein, vitamin A, C, B1, B2, K, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus; helps expel intestinal gas, and reduce inflammation in bones and joints; contains antimicrobial properties
- Stinging Nettle—Rich source of vitamin A, B, K, beta-carotene, lutein, magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorus; excellent detoxifying aid that may enhance metabolism and strengthen immune health as well as improve energy levels; often used to soothe urinary tract infection, chronic muscle, joint and bone discomfort and the prevention of kidney stones
- Yucca—Highly nutritive root containing a mix of proteins, vitamins and minerals; may enhance absorption of food and balance appetite
- Turmeric—Has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties; beneficial for autoimmune diseases and for liver support
- Black Pepper—Often referred to as the ‘King of Spices’ for its many beneficial properties including as a nutritive spice and for its cholesterol-lowering abilities; enhances the bioavailability of Turmeric
- Excellent source of Omega 3s (DHA and EPA): from sardine, anchovy, and North Atlantic cod liver oil
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) contain anti-inflammatory properties, support healthy skin and coat help to rebalance the immune system
- Vitamin E—Essential for healthy skin and coat; encourages cell regeneration and free-radical scavengers protect against cell damage (chronic illness prevention)
- Vitamin A—Essential for immune function, organ and eye health
- Vitamin D—Beneficial for fighting infections and regulating mood
- Rich source of vitamin C, betacarotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, protein and B vitamins; contains steroidal saponins and polyphenolics that are beneficial for digestion, immune system support, nutrient absorption, chronic inflammation and many other body processes
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
PETOMEGA 3 : Pet’s Weight Dosage to be taken once a day.
0-15 lb = ¼ tsp
15-30 lb = ½ tsp
30-60 lb = 1 tsp
60-90 lb = 1 ½ tsp
MULTI ESSENTIALS, TURMERIC, YUCCA DOSAGE : To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use.The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.