Knowing your precious little one has diabetes is worrying. But with early treatment, a customized diet plan, and the right supplements, the condition is manageable. Our Diabetes Super Support Gold Kit can help ease symptoms of diabetes in dogs and cats, manage blood sugar levels, and protect other organs affected by the disease. This bundle contains our primary support for diabetes in cats and dogs – Mellit, as well as two additional supplements to help support the body: Milk Thistle & Yucca.
Keep reading to find out how they may help!
None of our supplements have any added preservatives, additives, flavorings, or artificial colors. They are all made with organically grown and ethically harvested (or ethically sourced) herbs, and are vet formulated, so you know your furbaby is getting the very best.
What is Diabetes in Cats and Dogs?
Like us, our furriends need glucose, a type of sugar, to fuel their bodies. Diabetes happens when the body cannot correctly turn glucose in the blood into energy that can be used. Glucose is also stuck in furkiddos’ bloodstream and accumulates. This unusual blood chemistry eventually leads to poison in the system, causing further damage and health problems.
Symptoms of Diabetes in Dogs and Cats
You may be wondering if there is any way you can tell if your furkid has diabetes.
Here are some general symptoms you may want to look out for:
- Excessive thirst and urination
- A drop in weight but increased appetite
- Cloudy eyes
- Poor hair and coat condition
Left untreated, the condition will escalate. So if you notice any of the above signs in your little one, you should take them to see a vet as soon as possible.
How NHV Remedies Support Diabetes in Dogs and Cats
Our Diabetes Super Support Gold Kit can support your little one in conjunction with traditional medicine.
Mellit is our fundamental support for diabetes in cats and dogs. As diabetes spikes up the blood sugar and blood pressure of your little one, herbs like Jambolan and Astragalus may help regulate them. The hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) activity in Devil’s club may also help balance the blood sugar. This herb also helps with balancing the metabolism of your little one.
Dandelion, on the other hand, is an anti-inflammatory tonic that may help protect the kidneys from the damage of diabetes. Diabetes can cause cataracts and urinary infections; blueberry helps prevent that. On top of that, the formulation may help with overall vitality.
Besides cataracts and urinary infections, diabetes can also lead to liver issues and kidney failure. Milk Thistle may improve liver and kidney function and support liver regeneration.
In addition, the formulation is well known for its use in treating liver disease because studies have shown its possible benefits in decreasing or reversing damage to the liver. This herb's main compound, Silymarin, may even help remove the toxins in the liver and other organs.
The last supplement included in this bundle is Yucca, which helps with discomfort management. The herbal extract is highly nutritious as it contains vitamin C, beta-carotene, B vitamins, magnesium, iron, calcium, manganese, protein, niacin, and phosphorus. It may also help reduce the inflammation caused by diabetes.
- May help control blood sugar levels
- May support other organs from the severe imbalances in the body diabetes cause
- May reduce inflammation in the pancreas
- May help increase the energy levels of your little one
- Offer gentle support in removing toxins built up in the system
- May assist liver and kidney function
- May help decrease the damage diabetes does to the liver and kidneys
- May be beneficial to the body’s immunity
- May have anti-inflammatory properties
- Highly nutritive that may benefit the general health of your little one
- May help relieve discomfort diabetes can cause
- May support appetite and digestive issues
Natural Support for Diabetes in Dogs and Cats
Many pawrents may be worried about getting your little ones to take the supplements. But this would not be a problem with our products as they are liquid-based and palatable. So even finicky furkids may like the taste of our supplements. Even if they are incredibly picky eaters, you can easily hide the extract in their meals or simply drop the appropriate dosage in their cheek pockets.
NHV’s supplements are also all manufactured in a GMP-certified and FDA-approved facility – completely safe for pets.
It is never easy to cope with diabetes in dogs and cats. NHV is with you and your furkiddo every step of the way. Don’t hesitate to contact one of our Pet Experts whenever you need!
Try our Diabetes Super Support Gold Kit now to support your precious little one!
- item number
- 2.10 LBS
All NHV supplements are made with the finest quality organic or ethically harvested herbs. We use non-GMO vegetable glycerin as our base. NHV products are full-spectrum extracts.
- Jambolan - Contains properties that may help lower blood sugar.
- Devil’s Club - May help balance the glandular system and metabolism.
- Fenugreek - Contains a naturally soluble fiber that helps reduce the sugar absorption rate in the blood.
- Gymnema - May help temporarily block the absorption of sugar molecules.
- Goat’s Rue - May support pancreas function and decrease blood sugar levels.
- Oregon Grape - An anti-inflammatory herb with strong affinities to the liver.
- Blueberry - In addition to helping reduce blood sugar levels, it may help prevent cataracts, ulcers, and urinary tract infections.
- Dandelion - An anti-inflammatory tonic that may help protect the kidneys and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Astragalus - May help increase the energy levels of your little one.
- Research has shown that Milk Thistle may improve kidney function and support kidneys that may be damaged by diabetes.
- Contains compounds sarsasapogenin and smilagenin that helps with the absorption of minerals and vitamins.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
What are the first signs of diabetes in a cat?
- Urinating more frequently
- Always thirsty
- Increased appetite
- Unusual weight loss
If you notice any of these signs in your kitty, consult a vet right away for a full body examination.
How long do cats live after being diagnosed with diabetes?
It varies depending on their situation.
But generally, if kitties with diabetes get the early diagnosis and effective treatment they need, they may still live for a prolonged period.
What happens when a dog gets diabetes?
When pups develop diabetes, their bloodstream will have an excess amount of sugar while the body cells aren’t getting enough. Apart from the signs shown in cats with diabetes, it can lead to…
What are the final stages of diabetes in dogs?
- A drop in appetite
- Breath smells sweet
- Vision impairment
- Rapid breathing