Here’s how you can help your pets with Addison’s disease naturally. Read more to find out!
It is heartbreaking to watch your precious furkiddos suffer from illnesses. We know how important it is for pet parents to find a way to support their little warriors in their fight against diseases.
Our Addison's Disease with Nutritional Support Kit can help support your little one in various ways.
This kit may help ease symptoms of Addison’s disease in dogs and cats, by providing support for the adrenal glands, natural support for the liver and kidney, which may be affected, and support for nutrition and energy levels so your little one can feel their best. This kit contains our main support for adrenal health, Supralgan, and Milk Thistle.
Since overall nutrition and energy are so vital for your little one, our Pet Experts have added our plant-based multivitamin supplement for added support. All NHV supplements are 100% natural and tested by a third-party lab. We have been around for over 25 years, and have helped thousands of pets around the world, so you can rest assured that they are safe for your little one to consume.
What is Addison’s Disease in Dogs and Cats?
Addison’s disease in pets happens when your dog or cat’s adrenal glands fail to produce enough essential hormones (corticosteroids) for normal body functions. These hormones include stress hormones like cortisol and aldosterone, which helps regulate blood pressure by managing electrolytes in your blood.
In other words, when your dogs or cats are diagnosed with Addison’s disease, it means that their bodies can’t function properly with inadequate hormones.
Addison’s disease can happen to any dog, especially to middle-aged female dogs. Contrarily, it is rare for cats to have Addison’s disease.
Find out more about Addison’s Disease in dogs in one of our blog posts!
Symptoms of Addison's Disease in Dogs and Cats
- Weight loss
- Vomiting episodes
- Loss of appetite
- Bloody stools
- Increased thirst and urination
- Hair loss
- Diarrhea (rarely observed in cats)
Symptoms of Addison’s disease in dogs and cats wax and wane; even though there are some common signs, it is difficult to detect and diagnose this disease with symptoms alone. Clinical tests, like blood work or urinalysis, should be done by a vet for a reliable diagnosis. If you are suspicious of your pets having Addison’s disease, please seek immediate help from a licensed veterinarian.
How NHV Remedies Support Pets With Addison’s Disease
Supraglan offers the most fundamental support for Addison’s disease in dogs and cats by supporting the restoration of the adrenal cortex and balancing hormonal actions on adrenal glands.
Luckily, herbs like Astragalus, Eleuthero in Supraglan, and Asian Ginseng in Multi Essentials may help stimulate the metabolism, reduce fatigue, increase energy, and promote healthy skin and coat. In addition, Milk thistle may help to remove toxins from your furkiddo’s kidneys and liver. It also may help balance their body’s immune system.
Our Multi Essentials is packed with nutrients with many health benefits. It offers additional support for your furbaby with Addison’s disease by helping to improve metabolism, revitalize the body, and gain weight healthily.
The supplements in our Addison's Disease with Nutritional Support Kit are liquid-based and palatable. So, for all the pet parents out there with picky eaters, NHV’s herbal supplements can help save you a ton of time chasing your furkiddos around the house!
- May help balance the adrenal cortex that causes Addison’s disease
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Contains steroidal saponins that may help normalize hormone production
- May help improve resistance to stress and restores vitality
- Helps support and detoxify the liver and kidneys
- Helps improve the functions of the liver and kidneys
- Encourages the regeneration of the liver
- Glycerin-based and safe for long-term use
- May help reduce lethargy and help with energy levels
- Helps with effective digestion
- Helps to fill nutritional voids resulting from Addison’s disease
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Contains vitamins high in antioxidants and minerals such as potassium
Support Addison’s Disease in Dogs and Cats Naturally
At NHV natural pet products, our primary focus is the health of your precious pets. That’s why we have a supportive team of pet experts; they are always there to help guide you and recommend the right supplements. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to an NHV expert.
Order our Nutritional Support Kit to provide your furkiddos with the holistic and organic support they need for their battles with Addison’s disease.
- item number
- 2.10 LBS
- 3 x 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy, kitten
- made in
All NHV supplements are made with the finest quality organic or ethically harvested herbs. We use non-GMO vegetable glycerin as our base. NHV products are full-spectrum extracts.
- Borage - Is known to help restore the adrenal glands to their natural balance, which promotes a calmer body and mind for your pets.
- Astragalus - Contains beneficial properties which aid your pet's body deal with stress. Helps increase energy, improves immunity, regulates normal blood sugar levels, and alleviates insulin resistance (may help prevent type 2 diabetes).
- Bistort - An astringent and anti-inflammatory herb that has a tonic effect on the liver and kidneys.
- Eleuthero - Research shows Eleuthero contains anti-fatigue and anti-stress properties that may help to support the adrenal glands.
- Wild Yam - Its roots may help lower blood cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure, which indirectly helps the liver by increasing its efficiency and reducing stress.
- Licorice - Glycyrrhizic acid, a compound produced by licorice, helps balance the adrenal gland and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Dandelion - An anti-inflammatory and tonic herb that helps protect the kidneys, balances liver secretion, and may help improve digestion.
Milk Thistle: Research shows Milk Thistle extract may decrease or may help reverse damage to the liver caused by Addison’s disease.
- Alfalfa - May help remove toxins and protects the kidneys.
- Kelp - Rich in macrominerals as well as trace minerals and helps to lower blood pressure.
- Parsley - Rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Oat - Nourishes your pet’s body while strengthening the nervous system.
- Dandelion - May help improve appetite and digestion.
- Marshmallow (not the ones you roast) - May help relieve inflammation.
- Chickweed - May soothe stomach and bowel problems caused by Addison’s disease.
- Stinging Nettle - May help increase circulation and energy levels.
- Asian Ginseng - May help reduce fatigue and increase energy levels.
- Yucca - Balances the nutritional value of food and may help with healthy weight gain.
- Oregon Grape - May help alleviate chronic indigestion and malabsorption.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
For small animals (rabbits, ferrets), avians and reptiles use 1 drop for every 2 lb of body weight.
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
What food should I feed my cat or dog with Addison's disease?
A balanced, nutritious diet is vital for your furbaby with Addison's disease. Dogs and cats with Addison's disease do not have enough cortisol in their bodies, which is significant for anti-inflammatory purposes.
It would be beneficial to remove foods that can cause inflammation.
A great way to do that is to provide your furkiddos with an all-natural, allergen-free diet.
Supplements here at NHV are free of any added preservatives, additives, flavorings, or artificial color. So pet pawrents can rest assured to use them alongside any diet plan.
If you need help in coming up with a nutritious diet plan, feel free to connect with Dr. Amanda, our holistic vet who can create a customized nutrition plan for your little one! We will help customize a personalized plan for your little one.
What triggers Addison's disease in dogs?
In most cases, we can’t be sure what triggers Addison’s disease in dogs. However, it can be triggered when the immune system attacks our pet’s adrenal glands and injure their adrenal cortex severely. In other cases, it can be caused by cancer, trauma, or infections.
What breeds of dogs are most prone to Addison’s disease?
West Highland White Terriers, Great Danes, Basset Hounds, Portuguese Water Dogs, Airedale Terriers, Standard Poodles, and Bearded Collies are common dog breeds with Addison’s disease. But again, any dog will have the risk of getting the disease.
Can you treat Addison's disease naturally in dogs?
No, unfortunately, medical treatment conducted by a veterinarian is necessary to stabilize and cure Addison’s disease in dogs. Natural supplements are only used to help relieve the symptoms of the disease and support your pets through the process; they cannot be used alone to cure the disease.
Learn more about how to treat Addison’s disease in dogs here!