The Norfolk Terrier originated in Great Britain and they were bred as ratters and fox hunters and display the typical terrier character. The Norfolk Terrier and Norwich Terrier were considered one breed until 1960. They can be distinguished by their ears; The Norwich has pointed ears whereas the Norfolk’s ears are folded over. They are happy and spirited dogs with lots of energy with plenty of energy. Despite their size, they have the feisty and confident terrier personality.
Common Health Conditions
- Liver disease can happen as a result of aging, genetics, or infection. Some diseases and medications can hurt your Norfolk Terrier’s liver.
- Heart failure is a leading cause of death among Norfolk Terriers in their senior years.
- Norfolk Terriers can inherit or develop several different eye conditions.
- Milk Thistle helps detoxify the liver and kidneys, improves liver function and supports regeneration of the liver.
- Hearty-Heart promotes heart health and helps ease symptoms of congestive heart failure in Norfolk Terriers like coughing and difficulty breathing.
- Ey Eas helps provide relief for eye infections that cause discomfort and long-term damage if left untreated. It is also helpful for dogs that are continually rubbing their eyes, tearing excessively, or avoiding light.