All-Natural Support for Eye Health in Dogs and Eye Health in Cats
Did you know that studies have found that a loving gaze between a furkiddo and their pet parent strengthens the bond between the two? It’s true! Looking into your pet's eyes is very important for both you and your furbaby! It's vital to check your pet's eye health regularly, which includes at-home eye checks. See additional info for how to do at-home eye exams on your pet.
Our Eye Health Gold Support Kit contains OcuLove and PetOmega 3 to help slow down progressive damage to the eye, support circulation and support eye health.
How NHV’s Supplements Help Proactively Support Against Cataracts in Dogs and Cats and Support Overall Eye Health
Just like humans, your furkiddo relies on their vision to experience a lot of their surroundings, whether it is seeing danger ahead, scanning for friendly faces, or stalking prey. This is especially true if you have a sighthound like an Afghan Hound or a Whippet - they hunt by sight. So if your furry friend is experiencing issues with their vision or eye health, it can be very stressful for them!
OcuLove contains many beneficial properties for overall eye health and may help support your little one against degenerative eye conditions like cataracts in dogs and cats. Ingredients like eyebright have been used for centuries to help relieve itchiness in the eye, inflammation in the eyelids, and help to preserve or improve vision.
PetOmega 3 is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which support overall eye health in dogs and eye health in cats, help relieve inflammation, and help to improve metabolism.
Both OcuLove and PetOmega 3 contain antioxidant properties to help slow down cell damage and help prevent chronic illnesses and infections.
- Beneficial for overall eye health
- Ideal support for pets with swollen eyelids, dry eyes, itchy eyes or vision loss
- Contains antioxidant properties to help slow down degenerative eye issues
- Supports healthy brain, heart and eyes
- Beneficial support for the immune system
- May improve mood
- Vitamin E contains free-radical scavengers that protect against cell damage (help to prevent chronic illness)
In a well-lit area, look into your pet's eyes. Their eyes should appear clear and bright with evenly sized pupils. The area around the eyeball should be white. The next step may be a bit challenging but is just as important. Using your thumb (make sure to wash your hands before doing this), gently roll down your pet's lower eyelid to have a look at it. If it is pink, that's very good. If it is red or white, you may want to book an appointment with your vet to check if something is wrong. A rare feature that both cats and dogs have is a third eyelid. This can range from whitish to pinkish and can be found under the other eyelids closer to the nose. The third eyelid protects their eyes from getting scratched.
Other Signs of Eye Problems in Pets
In addition to unequal pupil sizes and red or white eyelids, pay attention to these other signs and symptoms:
- Discharge & crustiness
- Tear-stained fur around the eyes
- Squinting or closed eye(s)
- Cloudiness, dryness or changes in eye color
- A visible third eyelid
Help your Pet Live A Happy and Healthy Life with NHV Supplements
In short, it’s a good idea to be proactive about your pet’s eye health. All of our products are 100% natural and free of any artificial colors, additives, or preservatives. Your pet’s health is important to us so if you have any questions about eye health in dogs or eye health in cats, please reach out to an NHV Pet Expert - we are always happy to lend a hand or paw whenever you need it!
- item number
- 1.40 LBS
- 2 x 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
Disclaimer: The information provided in relation to the products mentioned is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional veterinary advice or a substitute for consultation with a qualified veterinarian. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any pet health condition. Consult a licensed veterinarian before using any product or making changes to your pet's diet, health, or wellness routine. Individual pet health outcomes may vary, and the effectiveness of the product may depend on various factors specific to your pet. Always carefully read and follow the product label and instructions. The manufacturer and distributor of these products do not assume any liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise from the use of these products on pets. All information is for educational purposes only.
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated, and vet approved.
- Bilberry is a fruit that is rich in antioxidants that may help to improve circulation and may help increase blood flow to the eyes and help support overall eye health.
- Eyebright has a long history of use for promoting eye health and for helping to relieve eye itchiness, and inflammation in the eyelids.
- Gingko is prized in Chinese Medicine for its ability to improve blood flow and oxygenation in the body, including around the eyes.
- Oregon Grape contains berberine which has been found to aid with eyesight, eye infections and other eye issues. It is also beneficial for liver, digestion and adding immune support.
- Turmeric is known to promote eye health, joint health, heart health and is beneficial for immune function.
- Wheat Grass is rich in important flavonoids and vitamins, including vitamin A. When compared to carrots (which are known to improve eyesight), wheat grass has twice the amount of vitamin A and helps to slow down degenerative eye conditions.
- Excellent source of omega 3 fats from sardine, anchovy, and North Atlantic cod liver oil
- Contains EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) which are rich in anti-inflammatory properties and support healthy eyes, brain and heart.
- Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin and coat and free-radical scavengers help prevent chronic illness.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
FOR PETOMEGA 3
Suggested Dosage: To be taken once per day. Add to food based on weight chart.
Therapeutic Dosage: Double the quantity for maximum period of 4 weeks or follow veterinarian advise.
Pet’s Weight Dosage
0-15 lb = ¼ tsp
15-30 lb = ½ tsp
30-60 lb = 1 tsp
60-90 lb = 1 ½ tsp
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer: Shake well before use. The easiest method is to add the dosage to your pets food. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the appropriate amount in food most pet’s love such as fish, chicken, yogurt, or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak kibbles at feeding time.
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Avoid use during pregnancy.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
What do cataracts look like in dogs?
A cataract is when the lens in a dog’s eye becomes opaque (not transparent). This may lead to blurred vision. If left unmonitored, cataracts may become thicker and denser and cause blindness down the road.
What causes cataracts in cats?
Cataracts in cats may develop due to:
- Poor diet
- Genetic factors
- Natural aging process
- Trauma to the eye
- Metabolic disorders
- Progressive conditions such as diabetes or hypertension
Is there a cure for cataracts in dogs without surgery?
Apart from surgery, there are no known ‘cures’ for cataracts. However, if you want to practice proactive care, promote overall eye health, and possibly slow down degeneration, we recommend adding NHV OcuLove to your dog’s daily care routine.