This supplement has been formulated combining several different herbs that are known to help control thyroid hormone production, and support heart circulatory and kidney function.
- May help regulate appetite
- Helps support the thyroid gland and control thyroid hormone production.
- Supports food metabolism, which will help with weight management
- Helps relieve tension and irritability (yowling)
- Reduces thirst and urination
- Supports heart function
- Supports kidney function
When using supplements to support hyperthyroidism it is important that the organs most affect by the condition are supported as well. Turmeric contains curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant that makes it beneficial for pain and inflammation. Research has found that it is a powerful herb for heart health. It helps with hypertension, lowers bad cholesterol and supports both the heart and liver function. It is also beneficial in aiding digestion and diarrhea in cats and dogs.
- Supports heart and circulatory function
- Helps with digestion
- Beneficial for pain reduction
- Helps improve the quality of a pet’s skin and coat
- Supports liver function
Natural Support and can be used in conjunction with Vet-Prescribed Treatment of Hyperthyroidism in Cats
Hyperthyroidism is a common condition seen in middle-aged to older cats. This condition is exceedingly rare in dogs. Hyperthyroidism is caused when there is an overproduction of thyroid hormones T3 and T4. As the thyroid hormones control the function of nearly all the organs, it is common to see secondary health conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, and kidney disease.
Common Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism in Cats:
- Weight loss
- Increased appetite
- Increased thirst and urination
- Poor fur condition
- Possible vomiting and diarrhea
With NHV’s Hyperthyroidism Gold Support Kit, you will get an effective blend of herbs that are safe to use long-term and are vet-recommended natural treatments for hyperthyroidism in cats. Find out how Penny improved her quality of life with NHV’s plant-based products.
Read more about hyperthyroidism medicine for cats on our blog at Vet Talk with Dr. Hillary Cook, because at NHV we want to support pet parents to help their fur babies in every way possible.
- item number
- 2.00 LBS
NHV’s Hyperthyroidism Gold Support Kit contains two potent blends of vet-formulated herbal supplements that may help support your cat’s thyroid as well as the overall function of the thyroid gland.
1.NHV’s Resthyro — A powerful blend of herbs that help control thyroid function as well as supporting heart circulation and kidney function make this a great additional support as well as being a vet-recommended natural support for hyperthyroidism in cats.
- Eleuthero—An adaptogenic herb that supports thyroid function and reduces stress.
- Lemon Balm—Inhibits thyroid activity by blocking the thyroid stimulating hormone.
- Hawthorne—Strengthens and improves heart function and is also a vascular tonic.
- Skullcap—Helps to reduce anxiety and tension.
- Bugleweed—Reduces coughing, which is often associated with hyperthyroidism.
- Gotu Kola—A potent antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory herb that helps to detoxify the body.
- Valerian—Used as a pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, and mild sedative.
2.NHV’s Turmeric — A potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that contains curcumin, which is highly effective for pain and inflammation. This herb also aids in
- Soothing hypertension
- Lowering bad cholesterol
- Supporting heart and liver function
- Aiding with digestion and diarrhea in both cats and dogs
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
For small animals (rabbits, ferrets), avians and reptiles use 1 drop for every 2 lb of body weight.
How to Administer
Shake well before use.The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.