Natural Support for Cat Skin Allergies and Hot Spots
What Is A Hot Spot?
A hot spot (aka moist dermatitis) is an inflamed skin lesion that may be further irritated by licking, scratching and chewing, often turning red, becoming infected, and 'hot' to the touch. Kitties are very sensitive and may have very delicate skin, so even small changes in their diet or environment can strongly affect them. The inflamed skin can be very uncomfortable for your kitty, and they may even experience fur loss.
Casues of Hot Spots on Cats
A few factors can cause hot spots in our feline friends, like food sensitivities, allergens in the environment, biting insects, and infections. Kitties with longer coats may be more susceptible to hot spots, especially when the weather is humid (like in the summer months). In most cases, hot spots are caused by allergies to the environment or something in their diet. Cat skin allergies most often develop on their paws, face, ears, front legs, and belly, but itchiness all over the body is common as well.
How NHV's Natural Cat Allergy Spray Relieves Inflamed Skin
If your kitty is licking, biting, or scratching a specific area, they may be experiencing a great level of discomfort. Ingredients like Chamomile, Marigold and Aloe vera are beneficial for soothing skin lesions, reducing swelling and easing discomfort. The immunostimulatory properties in Ouch Away help regulate a healthy histamine response to rebalance the immune system and help prevent infection. Herbs like Tea Tree oil and Lemongrass are effective topically against biting insects (fleas, mites, mosquitos and flies) and fighting infections, while ingredients like Rosemary encourage hair regrowth (recovery from alopecia).
Help Support your Cat Naturally
NHV Ouch Away Spray is an all-natural spray that is non-toxic for your furkiddo and formulated by an experienced herbalist and holistic vet. To learn more about hot spots in cats, check out our blog post about it. Get in touch with an NHV pet expert if you have questions about your kitty’s unique health needs.
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- 1 fl. oz. (30ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, kitten
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
- Aloe Vera—Contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties and emollient properties, beneficial for healing burns, wounds and skin irritations; may be cooling to the skin and stimulate the immune system; may encourage skin growth and reduce overall discomfort
- Chamomile—Beneficial aid for soothing and healing inflamed skin; contains immunostimulating, sedative, antiseptic, and antimicrobial properties
- Lemongrass oil—Contains natural insect repellent properties and effective support against infections (bacterial and fungal)
- Marigold—Also known as the pot marigold, the many beneficial compounds (essential oils, flavonoids, saponins and more) help reduce swelling in wounds, dermatitis, fleabites, eczema, burns and skin irritations; may ease discomfort
- Oregon Grape —Beneficial for stimulating the immune system, relaxing the body and fighting bacterial and fungal infections
- Rosemary—Rich in volatile oils, flavonoids and phenolic acids, which contain effective antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties; antioxidants in rosemary fight against free radicals that can damage hair follicles and encourage hair regrowth
- Tea Tree oil—Especially useful in treating parasite bites, infected wounds and minor cuts; contains antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and germicidal properties
How to Administer
Topical Spray: Spray several times a day to affected area(s) until healed. It may sometimes be necessary to shave or trim your pet’s hair so that the Ouch Away Spray reaches the affected area. If necessary, cover the affected area with gauze dressing.
Do not spray near or into eyes or nose. May initially sting on open cut. A vet examination prior to use of this product is recommended. If your pet’s condition does not improve or deteriorates consult your vet and stop the use of the product.
Information presented by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.