Natural Renal Support for Cats and Dogs
Kidney disease is quite common in senior kitties (1 in 3 cats) but it may be seen in younger cats and dogs of all ages. The first signs that your little one may have kidney issues are excessive thirst (increased water intake), more frequent urination (pee becomes very diluted), loss of appetite, possible nausea and lethargy.
The two most common kidney issues affecting pets are:
- Acute Renal Failure: is a sudden impairment of kidney function over a short time (a few days or weeks).
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): may develop slowly and worsen over time (a few months to years).
Something to keep in mind is that toxins can build up quickly in the body when the kidneys are damaged (since they are vital for waste elimination), so your little one's immune system may quickly nosedive. So for acute renal failure or chronic kidney disease, we'd suggest adding a natural kidney support kit like NHV Renal Health Kit to help restore your furbaby's immune health. The 3 natural formulations in this kit contain organic, wild-crafted ingredients that support the liver and kidneys and are also beneficial for healthy immune function.
How NHV Renal Health Kit Reduces Symptoms of Kidney Disease
No pet parent wants to hear about their little one suffering from kidney disease. The scary part is that our furry friends often won't show any symptoms until at least 75% of one or both kidneys is damaged. Don't worry though! Our Renal Health Kit offers comprehensive renal support for your pet and can be used as precautionary care. Tripsy™ contains a soothing blend of herbs like Echinacea purpurea, Gravel root, Marshmallow, Parsley piert, Stone root and Wild hydrangea that support healthy kidney function, waste removal (urinary health) and soothing inflammation. Milk Thistle works to support gentle detoxification in the liver and kidneys as well as increase immunity. Stimmune contains ingredients like Astragalus, Echinacea, Oregon grape and Myrhh used traditionally to restore healthy immune function and fight infection, while herbs like Asian Ginseng are beneficial for improving overall vitality (increased energy) and helping the body adapt to stress (may reduce nausea).
- Helps support overall healthy kidney function
- Blend of effective herbs that support gentle detoxification
- Beneficial for healthy kidney function
- May reduce inflammation in liver, kidneys and bladder
- Beneficial for removing toxins from the liver and kidneys
- Supportive aid for kidneys (to prevent organ fatigue)
- May stimulate liver regeneration
- Traditionally used for restoring and enhancing immune function
- Contains antibiotic and antifungal properties to help fight off infection
- May help reduce inflammation and discomfort
- Beneficial for overall vitality and improve the body’s resistance to stress
Natural Canine and Feline Renal Support
Acute or Chronic kidney disease is manageable with a vet-approved treatment plan and holistic supports like NHV’s all-natural supplements. To learn more, read our post about CKD in our Learning Center or if you have any questions or need recipe ideas for your pet with kidney disease, get in touch with an NHV pet expert using the button below.
- item number
- 2.10 LBS
- 3 x 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
Tripsy™ for Canine and Feline Renal Support
- Echinacea purpurea—Contains immunostimulatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties beneficial for restoring and enhancing immune function, fight infections and reducing inflammation
- Gravel root—Helps to gently break down urinary hardened deposits in the bladder and kidneys and may help to gently expel crystals
- Marshmallow—Contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to calm irritated tissue and fight bacterial infections
- Oregon grape—Contains antibiotic and immunostimulatory properties; may improve digestion and nutrient absorption
- Parsley piert—In modern herbalism, it is used to help with kidney and bladder stones
- Stone root—Contains medicinal properties that have been used for centuries by Native Americans to help to gently re-balance urinary flow, help prevent kidney stones and as a soothing aid to flush the urinary tract
- Wild hydrangea—Has traditionally been used to help break down, dissolve and remove mineral deposits and help with kidney and urinary tract issues
Milk Thistle for Cats and Dogs
- Milk Thistle—Has been used for centuries to help with digestive disorders, especially disorders of the liver and kidneys; helps eliminate toxins, encourages liver cell regeneration, slows down oxidative stress, and reduces organ fatigue
- Asian Ginseng—Has been used traditionally used to improve overall vitality and well-being, protect the body from disease and stress as well as strengthen immune health
- Astragalus—Contains anti-inflammatory properties beneficial for improving immune function, protecting the body from stress and cell damage, may improve metabolism (to protect from organ fatigue)
- Echinacea purpurea—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, antimicrobial properties beneficial for fighting infections and enhancing immune response
- Myrrh—Contains anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that help fight infections, enhance healing, and stimulate the immune system
- Oregon Grape—Contains antimicrobial properties that help fight infections; its anti inflammatory properties are especially helpful for liver and digestive system (to reduce liver and kidney fatigue)
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
For small animals (rabbits, ferrets), avians and reptiles use 1 drop for every 2 lb of body weight.
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use Stimmune in pregnant or nursing animals. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.