Bad breath in dogs or cats can be a warning sign of serious cat or dog dental diseases or other health issues. That’s why it is imperative to take them to a vet for a full body examination when you smell something stinky in their mouth.
NHV’s Bad Breath and Dental Super Support can help support your furkid by freshening up their breath, strengthening their immune system against infections that cause dental problems, and helping with underlying bacterial conditions. The kit contains our main support for oral problems – Mouth Drops – along with two other vet-formulated immune support supplements, Stimmune and Multi Essentials.
All our products are of human-grade quality. These 100% natural herbal supplements are free of added preservatives, additives, flavorings, or artificial colors.
How NHV Remedies Support Bad Breath in Cats and Dogs
We recommend using natural supplements like the ones in the Dental Kit to support the dental condition of your little one.
Mouth Drops is an herbal vet-formulated oral supplement that aids in eliminating bad breath and gum disease. The 100% natural supplement contains a blend of herbs with natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and astringent properties, like Neem (popular in pet dental products). The sage in the extract is commonly used to support furkids with gingivitis, it also helps with neutralizing the mouth odor. The formulation also guards against tooth decay and plaque. The anti-inflammatory properties in herbs like Plantain, White oak can support swollen gum. Myrrh has natural properties that may help control bacterial infections in the mouth.
Our pet experts have bundled Stimmune into the kit to support oral infections further. This immunostimulatory herbal extract helps strengthen the body’s immune system to fight against recurrent viruses and bacterial infections, which may benefit dental diseases.
The last supplement added is Multi Essentials, a plant-based multi-vitamin herbal extract that helps give your little one a nutritional boost. Herbs like oats and kelp are high in minerals like zinc and calcium, which can be very beneficial for gum and dental health. Zinc also may help with plaque formation. To top it all off, Multi Essentials may also aid digestion and appetite, which can be affected due to a sore mouth.
- May help eliminate the bad, stinky breath of your furkiddo
- Help with gum problems like gingivitis
- Offers natural support to bacterial infection in the mouth
- May help soothe swollen oral cavities and reduce plaque build-up
- Helps balance furkiddos’ immune system
- Helps strengthen the body against different oral infections
- Supports the healing of the gum and reduces any oral discomfort disease may cause
- May help reduce inflammation
- May help with nutrition absorption
- Packed with nutrients such as protein, vitamins, amino acids, and dietary fiber
- Helps soothe and soften irritated tissues in the mouth
- Helps nourish the body of your little one and support their overall health
Possible Reasons Behind Bad Breath in Dogs and Cats?
- Dental (e.g. gum) disease - such as gingivitis
- Poor oral and mouth hygiene
- Kidney failure or other diseases
- Liver conditions
- Stomatitis - swollen and sore mouth
- Bacteria imbalance due to raw or home-cooked meals
- Consumed something disgusting (e.g. poop) or toxic (e.g. cigarettes)
- Oral cancer
Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath in Cats and Dogs
If you want to solve the issue of bad breath, it is vital to look into potential underlying conditions with your veterinarian. Once the vet has uncovered the mystery behind the stench in your pet’s breath, proper medical treatment can be offered to address the condition.
You can also help your little one’s oral hygiene at home by regularly cleaning their teeth. Bacteria can accumulate in furkids’ plaques if you don’t help them do regular cleaning. This could lead to a number of dental problems.
On top of that, a balanced and nutritious diet is also the key to oral health. So you may consider switching up their diet.
Connect with our Pet Experts for a personalized nutrition plan for your little one!
Natural Support for Cat and Dog Dental Health
All our supplements are full-spectrum extracts, meaning that the herbs' biochemical and phytochemical constituents are preserved during the extraction process to produce a supplement with strong bioavailability. Our products are also made in Canada and used globally.
We have a team of supportive Pet Experts to help you and your furkiddos with any questions and concerns! So, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything! We're always here to help you and your little one!
Combat cat and dog dental health issues and bad breath in dogs and cats with our Dental Kit!
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- Each bottle - 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy, kitten
- made in
All NHV supplements are made with the finest quality organic or ethically harvested herbs. We use non-GMO vegetable glycerin as our base. NHV products are full-spectrum extracts.
- White Oak – An antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral herb that may help control mouth bleeding.
- Plantain – An antibacterial herb that is used to treat oral inflammation.
- Sage – Contains essential oils with antibacterial properties that may neutralize mouth odor.
- Echinacea Angustifolia – An antiviral and antibacterial herb that is commonly used for infections.
- Myrrh – May help soothe inflamed gums, canker sores, and help eliminate bad breath.
- Neem – Studies have found that it helps reduce plaque buildup, helps with gum bleeding, and reduces bacteria and bad breath.
- Astragalus – May help balance the immune system.
- Echinacea Purpurea – May help strengthen the immune system and efficiently fights infection.
- Oregon Grape – May helps combat various forms of fungal and bacterial infections.
- Asian Ginseng – A tonic that supports the body in fighting infections.
- Myrrh – May help strengthen the immune system and protect against microbial infection.
- Alfalfa - Contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other essential nutrients.
- Kelp - Rich in macrominerals and trace minerals like calcium and potassium.
- Parsley – Rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Chickweed – May help reduce fatigue and increase energy levels.
- Marshmallow – An anti-inflammatory herb that may help control bacterial infection.
- Dandelion – Full of vitamins A, B, C, and D and minerals such as iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily
This is the minimum dosage
Product is provided with 1ml dropper. The graphic above is for dosage calculation purposes only
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications: Do not use our supplements in pregnant or nursing animals. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
Why does my dog's breath smell horrible?
Bad breath is often associated with tartar and plaque, especially for smaller dog breeds.
In other cases, it can be a symptom of other health conditions like the ones mentioned earlier.
What does halitosis smell like in dogs?
It usually smells like rotten fish, cheese, blood, poop, ammonia (urine), sewer, trash, or even animal corpses.
Your furkiddo’s breath should not consistently stink, so please remember to take them to see a vet when you notice these distinct scents.
When should I take my cat to the vet for bad breath?
When you notice your kitty’s breath has been foul for a while, you should take them to a vet.
Do probiotics help dog breath?
Probiotics supplements and diets may help balance bacteria in pets’ mouths and keep their breath stink-free!