Respiratory Support for Cats
If your cat is coughing a lot, has congestion, or difficulty breathing, a viral infection might be at work. Support with natural remedies can help your cat fight back against the virus and improve their breathing.
How NHV Remedies Benefit Cats with Respiratory Viruses
Felimm helps the body to fight viral infections and Resp-Aid helps to support the respiratory system, including relieving the build-up of mucus. Herbs like St. John’s Wort, Alfalfa, Osha, and Usnea strengthen their immune system, making it more effective at dealing with infections like viruses. Ingredients like Coltsfoot, Lobelia, and Myrrh will support your cat’s lungs, helping them recover from damage caused by the infection.
- Helps strengthen your cat’s weakened immune system
- Increases your pet’s ability to fight infections and feline respiratory viruses
- Encourages detoxification of the lymphatic system
- Stimulates the appetite
- Helps to improve energy levels
- Helps combat upper respiratory tract infections
- Helps ease chest and nose congestion
- Supports healthy breathing
- Natural anti-inflammatory action
- Helps fight infection
- Helps relieve shortness of breath
- Natural support for kennel cough
- Clinically studied for benefits with breathing difficulties.
Support Your Cat Naturally
NHV remedies are 100% natural and formulated by veterinarians with 20+ years of experience. Use these supplements together with conventional treatment prescribed by your cat’s veterinarian for comprehensive care. Order online or call our Pet Expert Hotline at 1-877-9374372 from 8am-5pm PST.
- item number
- 1.40 LBS
- 2 x 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, kitten
- made in
Disclaimer: The information provided in relation to the products mentioned is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional veterinary advice or a substitute for consultation with a qualified veterinarian. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any pet health condition. Consult a licensed veterinarian before using any product or making changes to your pet's diet, health, or wellness routine. Individual pet health outcomes may vary, and the effectiveness of the product may depend on various factors specific to your pet. Always carefully read and follow the product label and instructions. The manufacturer and distributor of these products do not assume any liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise from the use of these products on pets. All information is for educational purposes only.
- St. John’s Wort - An herb that strengthens the immune system and helps fight against feline respiratory viruses.
- Turmeric - An antioxidant that improves liver function and is used in herbalism to help eradicate free radicals. Turmeric also contains herbal antifungal properties.
- Aloe Vera - Contains Acemannan, which may have antiviral properties. It contains high levels of vitamins.
- Alfalfa – An antioxidant that works within the bloodstream. It contains nutrients that help combat the effects of immune disorders.
- Burdock – High in minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, thiamine, and riboflavin. Detoxifies the body.
- Cat’s Claw - An anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that helps fortify the immune system and strengthens defenses against viruses.
- Osha – Strengthens the immune system. Fights bacteria and cat respiratory viruses.
- Dandelion - Increases appetite, aids in digestion, and is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Gotu Kola – Helps calm the nervous system. Improves the immune system, protects cells from free radicals, calms the nervous system and is an antioxidant.
- Usnea – Stimulates the immune system to fight against bacteria and fungus.
- Goldenseal – Helps to cleanse the blood and support the immune system.
- Myrrh – Helps fight against bacterial infections.
- Coltsfoot — Expectorant that has antibacterial properties and relieves coughing, irritated tissues, and spasms.
- Ginger — Relieves discomfort and improves circulation.
- Horehound — Relaxes spasms.
- Licorice — Has fast-acting anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lobelia — Relaxes the respiratory system, which allows for fresh oxygenated blood to enter the system.
- Marshmallow — A powerful anti-inflammatory that soothes irritated tissues and fights bacterial infections.
- Mullein — Lubricates tissues.
- Myrrh — Helps to relieve stomach discomfort, inflammation, and spasms.
- Plantain — An expectorant that soothes and moisturizes internal mucous membranes.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
Will a cat's respiratory infection go away on its own?
Though it's not impossible for a respiratory infection to resolve on its own, it's highly unlikely. Respiratory infections can easily turn into life-threatening pneumonia. We highly recommend seeking veterinary advice if you think your pet may have a respiratory infection.
Is Vaporub safe for cats?
VapoRub is not safe to be used on pets, as the ingredients may be toxic to them.
Can you identify the difference between a feline respiratory virus and a regular cough?
Without a visit to your veterinarian and diagnostic testing, it is not possible to know the origin of most coughs.
Can smoking be the cause of my cat’s respiratory virus?
Secondary smoke can absolutely cause respiratory problems in pets. Though, it will not be the cause of a respiratory virus. It can, however, weaken the respiratory system, making it more susceptible to these infections.