Support for Cats and Dogs with Fluid Buildup in The Chest
Early signs of pulmonary edema may not present themselves until a fairly advanced stage so it is important to get in touch with your vet if you suspect that there is fluid buildup in their chest (around the heart and lungs) because this is a very serious condition and could be fatal for your furkiddo. NHV’s pulmonary edema bundle helps support your pet’s breathing, immune system and quality of life.
Pulmonary Edema develops when there are free fluids in the chest cavity (around the heart and lungs). This buildup can be caused by various factors, such as an underlying heart condition, infection, and inflammation in heart or lung tissue. Secondary conditions, such as cancer can also cause PE (Pulmonary Edema in cats and dogs) Common symptoms of excess fluid in the chest include wheezing, fast or uncomfortable breathing and decreased energy levels.
If you suspect your pet is suffering from pulmonary edema, it is important to take them to the vet immediately. Your local veterinarian can run specific diagnostic tests for pulmonary edema in dogs and cats, like x-rays, electrocardiograms, and cardiac ultrasounds. If your fur baby is a good candidate for the procedure, the vet may suggest draining the fluid surgically.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for pulmonary edema in cats and dogs. Still, if caught early, you can significantly improve the quality and life expectancy of your furkiddo. Certain dog breeds like Boxers, Schnauzers, Great Danes, and many small breeds like Yorkshire Terriers, Chihuahuas, and Pomeranians are prone to developing heart disease and potential pulmonary edema. As of yet, scientific data has not indicated a genetic component with cats. Rather, environmental factors like exercise and diet are more likely to impact their heart health and longevity.
How NHV Remedies Support Pets With Pulmonary Edemas
NHV’s plant-based supplements contain organic plant extracts that are vet-formulated and intended to help ease your pet’s discomfort and help reduce symptoms associated with excess fluid in the chest. This pulmonary edema supplement for cats and dogs has two powerful remedies, Resp-Aid and Stimmune. Resp-Aid works to improve breathing and supporting the lungs, while Stimmune eases overall inflammation and helps the body fight off infections (that may be present throughout the body as well as in the fluids themselves).
- Aid in supporting overall lung function and healthy breathing
- Helps soothe the respiratory system
- Ingredients like Coltsfoot, Marshmallow and Plantain can help reduce discomfort and inflammation
- Can help balance the immune system
- Contains immune-stimulating and antioxidant properties
- Contains nutritive blend of herbs that helps improve overall wellness and vitality
- May reduce discomfort and enhance healing
- Can improve metabolism and protect the body against chronic illness
Discover Vet-Formulated Pet Solutions at NHV
We know your pets are your family. That’s why we made our pulmonary edema supplements for dogs and cats 100% natural, easy to administer (liquid formula) with human-grade ingredients. NHV is here to support you and your furkiddo naturally!
- item number
- 1.40 LBS
- 2 x 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
- Coltsfoot—Contains natural expectorant and antibacterial properties; reduces coughing, relaxes spasms, and calms irritated tissue
- Ginger—Contains antioxidant properties, may help reduce discomfort, encourages better circulation
- Horehound—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, relaxes spasms, reduces coughing, and decreases mucus production
- Licorice—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, supports the respiratory system, and boosts immunity
- Lobelia—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, calms irritated respiratory tissue, supports the respiratory system, encourages circulation, reduces coughing, and decreases mucus production
- Marshmallow—Contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, boosts immunity, and calms irritated tissue
- Mullein—Calms and lubricates irritated respiratory tissue
- Myrrh—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, improves digestion, and relaxes spasms
- Plantain—Contains expectorant properties that calm and lubricate mucous membranes
- Asian Ginseng—Improves appetite, increases natural resistance to diseases, and boosts immunity
- Astragalus—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, boosts immunity, strengthens metabolism, can protect body from stress and cell damage, can aid in upper respiratory tract infections
- Echinacea Purpurea—Contains anti-inflammatory properties, defends against microorganisms, and boosts immunity
- Myrrh—Contains anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that help fight infections, enhance healing, and activate the immune system
- Oregon Grape —Contains antiparasitic properties that help fight infections; its high content of isoquinoline alkaloids help strengthen immune system and calm nerves
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
Has there been clinical trials on the pulmonary edema kit?
In 2020, a peer-reviewed paper in the Journal of Immunology studied how Resp-Aid supports healthy breathing and decreasing inflammation in lung tissue. Learn more about other NHV research projects here.
What are the symptoms of a pulmonary edema in a dog or cat?
Signs that your pet may have developed edema in their lungs include low energy, coughing, and fast or uncomfortable breathing.
Can this be used with other vet discomfort meds?
Yes! All of our natural, vet-approved supplements are specially formulated to work alongside vet-prescribed medications. Just make sure to space out the supplement dosage and the vet med dosage 2 hours apart to avoid absorption issues.
What caused my pet’s lungs to fill with fluid?
Edemas occur for many reasons such as inflammation of the lungs, heart problems, and infection. Without inspecting your pet, it is hard to say what is causing the excess fluid but if this is happening, it is serious! Please contact your vet immediately to run specific tests and for a care plan.
How can I support my pet’s condition?
After you’ve confirmed with your vet that your cat or dog has pulmonary edema, you need to work out a recommended treatment plan. Get in touch with a pet expert to figure out the best way to support your furkiddo’s care journey ahead.
What other supplements do you recommend using with the pulmonary edema Kit for my dog?
Yucca is also recommended since it has steroid-like properties. Most vets prescribe vet steroids for Pulmonary Edema to bring down the overall inflammation for some pets to help reduce fluid buildup. Also, most pets have a lack of appetite and Yucca may help with that as well.