Natural Thyroid Support for Cats
Although less common, hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) can affect our feline friends. Apart from slowing down, if you notice your kitty is showing signs like increased coat shedding, fur thinning, thickened skin, weight gain or a dulled appearance, you should consider taking them to see your trusted vet to run some tests. Your pet care professional will be able to measure thyroid hormone levels in their blood (TT4 test) as well as run some other tests to rule out other conditions.
For kitties with hypothyroidism, we'd suggest adding a natural cat thyroid supplement to help support their body, like NHV Thyro Up to your furbaby's daily regimen. Thyro Up's liquid formulation means that you can easily hide it in food or a favorite snack (we know how picky cats can be!). NHV Thyro up for underactive cat thyroid can safely be used long-term as a natural health support. Thyro Up promotes healthy thyroid function and is a beneficial aid for improving metabolism in cats of all sizes and ages (as long as they are weaned and vaccinated).
How NHV’s Natural Cat Thyroid Supplement Provides Glandular Support
Hypothyroidism can cause a lot of discomfort for your sensitive feline companion. If left untreated, kitties with hypothyroidism may develop many health issues, like potential heart issues such as bradycardia (unusually slow heartbeat). The herbs in this blend work synergistically to help support thyroid function while promoting energy levels, and healthy metabolism.
Ingredients like Astragalus and Eleuthero support healthy thyroid function, stimulate metabolism and protect the body against physical, mental and emotional stress. Kelp is rich in iodine which stimulates the thyroid gland while ingredients like Licorice and Gotu Kola contain many beneficial properties for balancing thyroid hormone levels. Herbs like Papaya and Watercress add nutrient support to help regulate hormone levels as well as support immune function. Cayenne’s vasodilator and analgesic properties help encourage blood circulation to outer extremities and stimulate the glandular system. The antioxidant properties in Thyro-Up help to protect the body from oxidative cell damage, which promotes metabolic health and improves energy levels; while its sedative properties help calm your kitty and reduce their anxiety and stress.
Support Your Cat’s Glandular System Naturally
Part of being a pet parent is keeping your furry friend healthy and comfortable. When it comes to natural cat thyroid supplements, our blends have been developed by a holistic veterinarian and a master herbalist to formulate a gentle yet effective remedy to support glandular health. For any questions or concerns about your little one’s metabolism or thyroid health, get in touch with an NHV Pet Expert - we are always happy to help!
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- 3.4oz (100ml)
- life stages
- made in
1 botle = 100 day supply for a smal to medium sized dog
Disclaimer: The information provided in relation to the products mentioned is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional veterinary advice or a substitute for consultation with a qualified veterinarian. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any pet health condition. Consult a licensed veterinarian before using any product or making changes to your pet's diet, health, or wellness routine. Individual pet health outcomes may vary, and the effectiveness of the product may depend on various factors specific to your pet. Always carefully read and follow the product label and instructions. The manufacturer and distributor of these products do not assume any liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise from the use of these products on pets. All information is for educational purposes only.
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
- Astragalus’ helps protect the body against various stresses, including physical, mental and emotional stress. It is high in antioxidants, and helps support the liver.
- Cayenne may help to stimulate the thyroid gland and warm the body’s extremities by dilating small capillaries.
- Eleuthero acts as a circulatory stimulant that helps rebalance the thyroid gland and may improve the body’s resistance to stress.
- Gingko contains high levels of flavonoids and terpenoids that are beneficial for thyroid hormone function and brain function.
- Gotu Kola is known for its ability to help balance thyroid hormones, support the circulatory system, and nervous system. Its rich source of antioxidants is beneficial for skin and coat health as well as improving energy levels.
- Licorice contains compounds that are beneficial for stimulating healthy cortisol levels which are essential to healthy thyroid function and may improve energy levels.
- Kelp is rich in vitamins and minerals, especially Iodine, which stimulates the thyroid gland and helps regulate metabolism and energy levels.
- Papaya adds antioxidant support to improve thyroid function and overall health.
- Watercress is rich in vitamins A and C, which are important for maintaining thyroid hormone levels, endocrine function, and for keeping the immune system strong.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use Thyro-Up in pregnant or nursing animals.
Do not use if your pet has hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid gland). Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
What’s the difference between hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism refers to a thyroid gland that produces too much thyroid hormone (overactive) and hypothyroidism refers to a thyroid gland that does not produce enough hormones (underactive). These two conditions often present very different signs and symptoms. To learn more, here is a link to our blog about both conditions!
What are the symptoms for hypothyroidism?
- Decreased energy levels (lethargy)
- Possible weight gain and obesity
- Increased coat shedding
- Hair thinning and hair loss
- Reproductive issues
- Dull appearance
- Thickening of the skin
Can I use the Thyro-Up and the Resthyro together?
Thyro-Up and Resthyro are formulated for opposite thyroid issues. Thyro Up helps with an underactive thyroid while Resthyro soothes an overactive thyroid gland. The effects of each supplement may undo the effect of the other, so it is not recommended to use them both at the same time.
Can I use this cat thyroid supplement with other supplements and treatment?
Yes. For added support with feline hypothyroidism, we recommend taking Multi Essentials which helps to stimulate metabolism, promote healthy skin and coat, aid with digestion and increase energy levels. Thyro-Up can also be used in conjunction with traditional cat thyroid medication, just be sure to separate medication and any supplements by a couple of hours so each as time to work in the body.
My cat has hyperthyroidism, should I use Thyro Up?
No. If your cat has hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), we recommend taking:
- Resthyro - It helps to support the thyroid gland and control appetite. It also helps to relieve tension and irritability, reduce thirst, support heart health and improved kidney function.
- Turmeric – Is often recommended to be taking with Resthyro to help support the other organs affected by hyperthyroidism. Turmeric supports the heart, aids digestion, improves skin and coat health, supports liver function and relieves discomfort.