All pet parents want their beloved canines to be healthy, and with the tremendous health benefits of turmeric, your dog will be barking for joy in no time. This herb is also used as a spice, and is considered to be a superfood.
Properties of Turmeric
Health Benefits of Turmeric for Dogs
The active compound in turmeric is curcumin, which may be beneficial for dogs suffering from the following health issues:
- Autoimmune disease
- Heart and circulatory problems
- Liver disorders
- High LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
Specific Organ Benefits of Turmeric for Dogs
- Heart - Turmeric helps increase heart and circulatory function.
- Joints - The outstanding anti-inflammatory properties help aid in many arthritic conditions affecting the joints.
- Pancreas, Liver, and Spleen - The other active component found in NHV’s Turmeric for Dogs is black pepper, which is needed for the bioavailability of turmeric. Black pepper helps increase enzyme secretion from the pancreas further assisting in the digestion process.
- Intestines and Stomach - Black pepper aids in digestion and turmeric helps in fighting bacterial infections affecting the intestines and stomach.
Specific Health Conditions that Turmeric for Dogs Supports
- Arthritis - Due to the anti-inflammatory properties and its COX2 inhibitors, turmeric is extraordinarily helpful in aiding many forms of arthritis.
You can read the story of Captain Morgan, the dog who thinks turmeric is the spice of life after dealing with extreme inflammatory issues.
- Cancer - Due to the antioxidant properties, giving turmeric to dogs with cancer can be a highly beneficial added form of support along with any vet prescribed medications.
Epidemiological studies have linked frequent use of turmeric to lower rates of mammary, lung, liver, and colon cancers, and can even help prevent tumors from forming.
At NHV, we offer a vast array of natural support for your pet’s health and wellbeing. If you are unsure of holistic supplements or have questions about them, ask an NHV expert because our primary goal is to help your pet achieve health and vitality naturally.
- item number
- 1.00 LBS
- 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy
- made in
The active compound in turmeric is curcumin. Studies have shown turmeric to be an excellent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, anticoagulant, antiseptic, astringent, helps with liver function, bile production and externally for wound healing. Turmeric is beneficial for arthritic conditions in dogs due to the anti-inflammatory properties and is COX2 inhibitors.
You can use turmeric for your dog as anticancer support due to its antioxidant properties. Use of turmeric extracts in a pets daily diet may help scavenge free radicals, increase antioxidant enzymes, and inhibit lipid peroxidation. Epidemiological studies have linked the frequent use of turmeric to lower rates of mammary, lung and colon and liver cancers.
The healing properties of curcumin may also be beneficial for dogs with autoimmune diseases, liver disorders ( increases detoxification of the liver) and heart and circulatory support. Turmeric helps lower the bad cholesterol (LDL), which dog can have and also helps reduce the risk of blood clotting.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications: Do not use Turmeric in pregnant or nursing animals. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
Pet's Weight Dosage
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.