Seeing your precious furbaby suffer from parasite infestation is worrying and unsettling. That’s why we recommend deworming dogs and cats every three months when they’re over six months old. Our Worm and Parasite Super Recovery Kit can help your little one deworm, ease symptoms of parasite infestation, and help restore the damage worms cause. This bundle contains our primary support for gastrointestinal health – TumFlora, Multi Essentials, and Inulin-PK.
All our supplements are free of added preservatives, additives, flavorings, or artificial colors. They are made with organically grown and ethically harvested (or ethically sourced) herbs.
What are Parasites in Dogs and Cats?
During daily exploration, your furbaby can easily come in contact with objects that contain worms. This could be soil, poop, or even dead animals. These worms enter your pet’s body when they lick their paws or put these objects in their mouths.
Worms are unavoidable to your pets. Left untreated, they can also lead to dire consequences, such as damaging the GI tract, malabsorption, or even causing death in extreme cases.
Symptoms of Worms in Dogs and Cats
How can you tell if an alarming number of worms have infiltrated your furkiddos body? There are a few common signs you should look out for:
- Diarrhea (sometimes with bright red/dark purple blood or mucus)
- Visible worms, or parts of worms, in your furkiddo’s stool (tapeworms and roundworms in particular)
- Dry and dull coat
- Weight loss
- Vomiting (sometimes with worms in the vomit)
- Low energy levels
- Bloated belly
It is important to note that some dogs and cats do not show any of these signs. The symptoms usually only reveal themselves when their condition gets severe or starts causing different health issues. That’s why we recommend you deworm your furkiddos regularly and visit a licensed veterinarian for a full body examination and possibly a fecal exam. Press pause well before the infestation gets serious.
Treatment for Deworming Dogs and Cats
If the parasite situation gets out of hand, your furkiddo will need conventional dewormer medication. The medication they need depends on the types of worms they have. Your veterinarian can recommend the medication most apt for your little one.
How NHV Remedies Support Deworming Dogs and Cats
Our Worm and Parasite Super Recovery Kit can support your furkiddo while taking dewormer medication.
Inulin-PK provides basic support as it may provide helpful support for deworming dogs and cats in the early stages of infestation. Herbs like Wormwood, Papaya, and Jamaica Quassia, help expel parasites from your furkiddo’s body. This supplement also may help strengthen your furkiddo's immune system and repair the damage caused by parasites.
And what kind of damage is it? You may ask.
Parasites feed off the tissues in your furkiddo's gastrointestinal (Gi) tract to survive and grow. This results in gastrointestinal damage and digestive problems in dogs and cats. Inulin-PK can help by promoting gastrointestinal health and relieving indigestion. Ingredients like Licorice also help alleviate tissue damage in the upper digestive tract.
TumFlora can also help ease gastrointestinal problems in cats and dogs, such as soothing symptoms of IBD (inflammatory bowel disease). This gentle supplement supports overall gut health, helps heal the digestive tract, and helps absorb nutrients from food.
Last but not least, Multi Essentials offers additional support your little one needs to get through this tough time. It is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals that provides plenty of nutrients for your furkiddo. On top of that, the herbs like Oregon Grape may help reduce inflammation in the digestive system.
- May help deworm furkiddos by increasing bile secretion and dissolving worms’ outer layers
- May help control bleeding caused by intestinal parasites and support Gi tract healing.
- Helps protect and regenerate the liver
- May help clear toxins and balance the immune system
- May help relieve bloating, stomach cramps, and digestive issues
- Helps ease tissue damage in the upper digestive tract
- May help improve natural intestinal flora (bacteria that live inside pets’ intestines) and support overall gut health
- May help fight feelings of fatigue and help increase energy levels
- Help provide the nutrition they need after being depleted by parasites
- May assist with nutritional absorption
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
Natural Support for Deworming Dogs and Cats
NHV’s supplements are all manufactured in a GMP-certified and FDA-approved facility. On top of that, a third-party lab has tested them for quality assurance. Therefore, you can rest assured that our products are safe for your little one.
Your furkiddo's health and well-being are our top priorities. Because of that, we have a very dedicated and supportive team of pet experts to help. Feel free to connect with one of NHV’s pet experts if you have any questions at all!
Grappling with parasitic infections can be very tough on your furkiddo. Order our Worm and Parasite Super Recovery Kit right now to support their fight!
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- Each bottle - 3.4 fl. oz (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
Disclaimer: The information provided in relation to the products mentioned is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional veterinary advice or a substitute for consultation with a qualified veterinarian. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any pet health condition. Consult a licensed veterinarian before using any product or making changes to your pet's diet, health, or wellness routine. Individual pet health outcomes may vary, and the effectiveness of the product may depend on various factors specific to your pet. Always carefully read and follow the product label and instructions. The manufacturer and distributor of these products do not assume any liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise from the use of these products on pets. All information is for educational purposes only.
All NHV supplements are made with the finest quality organic or ethically harvested herbs. We use non-GMO vegetable glycerin as our base. NHV products are full-spectrum extracts.
- Licorice - An anti-inflammatory herb that may help digestion and reduce flatulence (gas).
- Boswellia - May help relieve pain and help with inflammatory bowel disease caused by parasites in dogs and cats.
- Slippery Elm - May help soothe irritations of the stomach.
- Oregon Grape - May help relieve indigestion and act as a mild laxative.
- Fennel - May help relieve digestive problems in dogs and cats and may increase appetite.
- Chamomile - May help reduce vomiting caused by IBD.
- Indian Gooseberry - May help with nausea and diarrhea.
- Ashwagandha - A herb that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Marshmallow (not the ones for s'mores) - A nutritious herb that may help soothe and soften irritated tissues.
- Elecampane - Contains a natural compound called Alantolactone, which is active against worms, including intestinal threadworms, hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms.
- Wormwood - May help to expel worms and parasites from your little ones body.
- Jamaica Quassia - May increase stomach acid and bile secretion that may help remove parasitic worms.
- Papaya - The rich enzyme in Papaya may help dissolve the worm’s outer layer.
- Oregon Grape - An anti-parasitic tonic that helps combat various fungal and bacterial infections.
- Fennel - An antibacterial herb that helps relieve digestive problems and stomach cramps often caused by parasites in dogs and cats.
- Bacopa - An anti-parasitic herb that may support gastrointestinal health in pets.
- Milk Thistle - May prevent toxins from penetrating the interior of the liver cell.
- Celandine - May help with irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, and intestinal polyps (benign growths in the lining of the bowel).
- Alfalfa - A nutritive herb that contains high protein levels, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and dietary fiber.
- Kelp - A superfood with a rich source of minerals, vitamins, trace elements, and enzyme content.
- Parsley - A nutritive herb that also may help expel intestinal gas.
- Oat — A highly nourishing herb loaded with protein, vitamins B, E, and K, and minerals.
- Dandelion - May help improve the digestive system and improve appetite.
- Marshmallow - May be beneficial for pets with gastroenteritis, which parasites can cause.
- Chickweed - May help with stomach and bowel problems.
- Stinging Nettle — May help increase energy levels and balance your furkiddo’s immune system.
- Asian Ginseng - May help get rid of lethargy.
- Yucca - May help with healthy weight gain and may increase the nutritional value of food.
- Oregon Grape - May balance bile production and help relieve indigestion and malabsorption.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can therefore be given at once for convenience.
1 drop for every 2 lb of body weight twice a day up to 50 lb. This is the minimum dosage. We recommend using this dosage when the supplements are being used as proactive care or for general health. When addressing a condition, we recommend using the therapeutic dosage (see below).
Determine your pet’s weight and then use the chart below to determine the correct dose.
Pet's Weight Dosage (twice daily)
0 - 15 lb 0.5 mL
16 - 30 lb 1.0 mL
31 - 45 lb 1.5 mL
46 - 60 lb 2.0 mL
61 - 75 lb 2.5 mL
Over 75 lb 3.0 mL
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth or add the correct dosage to your pet's food or favorite treat.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the another.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no added artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening
How often should I deworm my dog or cat?
It depends on their age.
Pet parents should deworm puppies and kittens frequently. That means once every two weeks until they’re twelve weeks old. Before they reach six months old, deworm them once a month.
For adult dogs and cats, we recommend deworming them every three months. You can consider using our Inulin-PK as proactive care. Use one bottle every three months. Don’t forget to take a three-month break after each bottle.
What happens when you deworm a dog?
It depends on the deworming treatment you choose.
But generally, after deworming, the worms in your furkiddo’s body will be passed down through their digestive system. So don’t freak out when you see dead worms (or even live ones) in your pup’s stool! Even though they may be gross, it is actually excellent news. Because that means these invaders are no longer in your little one’s body!
How long after deworming a dog are the worms gone?
After administering traditional medicine, it usually takes 2-6 hours for the worms to pass out of your pup’s body. On the other hand, because natural supplements like NHV’s Inulin-PK are very gentle, it can take around three to four weeks to see any difference.
How can I tell if my cat has worms?
Some common symptoms of worms in cats include skin lesions, black feces, diarrhea, vomiting, and poor body conditions.
Please take your furkiddos to a vet for a complete examination when you notice these signs.