Support for Cats and Dogs with Heart Conditions
Our little ones can't always tell us what is bothering them, so below is a list of symptoms you may encounter if your pet is suffering from a heart condition.
- Coughing– more than usual, after exercise/play or a few hours before bed, especially if your pet has a known heart murmur
- Low Energy– your furkiddo no longer wants to go on longer walks or wants to play and tires easily
- Restless Behavior (having a hard time settling down before bed)
As the heart condition progresses, your pet may exhibit:
- A swollen belly due to fluid buildup and/or fluid buildup in the chest (in and around the heart and lungs)
- Fainting due to decreased blood flow to the brain
- Color change in tongue or gums from pink to bluish-grey due to poor circulation
- Potential Weight Loss
If you observe any of the above signs in your cat or dog, it is vital that you take them to the vet as soon as possible. Your vet will be able to perform chest x-rays, blood work (including heartworm testing), an ECG (which is a test that monitors electrical signals from your pet's heart) and cardiac ultrasounds. NHV’s supplements for dog and cat heart health, help support your pet’s cardiovascular system (including the heart and lungs) as well as improve circulation and overall vitality.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for heart conditions in cats and dogs, but you can significantly improve their quality of life and reduce symptoms if caught early. Certain dog breeds like American Cocker Spaniels, Boston Terriers, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Chihuahuas, Daschunds, Maltese, Poodles, and Papillion, are susceptible to developing heart disease. With cats, breeds like American and British Shorthairs, Main Coons, Persians, and Siamese are prone to inheriting certain heart conditions like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
How NHV Remedies Support Cat and Dog Heart Health
Heart conditions can cause a great deal of discomfort and stress for your pet. NHV’s Heart Health Super Support Kit is a bundle of natural remedies specifically formulated to ease your pet’s discomfort and help reduce symptoms associated with heart disease. This gentle yet effective bundle of supplements for dog and cat heart health, contains Hearty Heart, Petomega 3 and Turmeric. Hearty Heart's unique blend of herbs is specifically formulated to offer complete support to an overworked heart. It has herbs like hawthorn, valerian, hops, lobelia and balsam poplar, which are beneficial for supporting heart function and balancing blood flow to and from the heart to improve circulation. Petomega 3 promotes healthy heart and brain function. The added vitamin D, within this formula, is vital for fighting infections and improving mood. Turmeric helps to restore and maintain cardiovascular health and is also helpful for the liver, kidneys and skin issues as well. Turmeric works to complement Hearty Heart by supporting the heart and circulatory function.
- Supports overworked heart and weakened cardiovascular system
- May improve energy levels
- May restore appetite
- Beneficial aid for boosting blood flow to and from the heart
- Omega 3 fatty acids support healthy brain and heart
- May improve immune system function
- Beneficial for soothing inflammation and improving appetite
- Vitamin D is essential for immune health and balancing the nervous system
- May restore heart health by improving circulation
- Natural support for inflammation in the liver, kidneys and skin
- Discomfort reducing properties
- May improve liver function
- Glycerin based and safe for long-term use
Support Your Pet Naturally
We know your pets are your family. That’s why we made our supplements for cat and dog heart health 100% natural, easy to administer (liquid formula) and made with only the best organic, wildcrafted ingredients. For any questions or concerns about your furkiddo’s cardiovascular health, don’t hesitate to get in touch with an NHV Pet Expert - we’re always happy to help!
- item number
- 2.80 LBS
- 8 fl. oz. (237ml) + 2 x 3.4 fl. oz.
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy/kitten
- made in
- Balsam Poplar contains beneficial properties to encourage circulation, support blood flow and help loosen chest congestion.
- European Mistletoe works directly on the vagus nerve to help promote a normal heart rate, help relax spasms, and help support nervous tachycardia.
- Hawthorn is considered a cardiotonic because it is beneficial for regulating heart rate, coronary flow, and blood pressure.
- Hops has strong affinities for the nervous system to help relieve mood disturbances like restlessness, anxiety, and sleep issues.
- Lobelia contains relaxing properties that may help expand the respiratory system, help to improve blood circulation and help to ease coughing.
- Motherwort is known to have a strengthening effect, especially on a weak heart and contains diuretic, hypotensive, and sedative properties to soothe the nervous system and balance blood pressure.
- Pulsatilla is rich in calming properties that are known to help relieve coughing, insomnia, hyperactivity and general restlessness.
- Valerian contains calming properties that are helpful for heart palpitations, regulating the nervous system, and improving sleep.
- Woody Betony has been used for centuries to aid with over forty different ailments; traditionally used as a mild stimulant to the heart; it is a nerve tonic that nourishes and encourages vital energy levels.
- Excellent source of DHA and EPA omega fatty acids from sardine, anchovy, and North Atlantic cod liver oil.
- DHA and EPA are beneficial for soothing inflammation in the body, stimulating immune function, and restoring appetite.
- Vitamin E encourages cell regeneration and is vital for a healthy heart.
- Vitamin A is essential for organ health and immune function.
- Vitamin D is vital for combating infection and regulating mood.
- The active compound in turmeric is curcumin. Studies have shown turmeric to be an excellent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, anticoagulant, antiseptic, astringent, helps with liver and kidney function, and helps restore cardiovascular health.
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
DOSAGE FOR PETOMEGA 3. To be taken once per day. Add to food based on weight chart.
Pet’s Weight Dosage
0-15 lb = ¼ tsp
15-30 lb = ½ tsp
30-60 lb = 1 tsp
60-90 lb = 1 ½ tsp
DOSAGE FOR: HEARTY HEART, TURMERIC:
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provided and place the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth. Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favorite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and well-being of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
Do dogs need grains for heart health?
There are grains that are beneficial for a dog’s heart health, however, we recommend focusing instead on a low sodium, high quality, and nutritionally balanced diet.
If you’re wondering where to start and want a personalized meal plan for your pet, our in-house vet Dr. Amanda can create a home cooked meal plan that is specially formulated for your pet’s unique needs.
What vitamins are good for dogs’ heart health?
A nutritionally balanced diet full of essential amino acids, omega 3 fats, and vitamins such as tocopherol (vitamin E) are very beneficial for promoting healthy heart function and supporting dogs with cardiovascular issues.
Do cats get heartworms?
Although cats are not typical hosts for heartworm and it is a more common issue in dogs, cats can still become infected with young heartworms that trigger a condition known as heartworm-associated respiratory disease (HARD). The only effective means of protecting your kitty from heartworm are through heartworm prevention.
How does a poor diet affect heart health in cats?
Heart health is the key to a long and healthy life. Your kitty relies on their diet to nourish their cells and maintain all of their body processes. So if there are nutritional voids in their diet, their body may not be functioning properly, and this includes breaking down harmful fats. Excess fat molecules may start to accumulate in your pet’s cardiovascular system and lead to impaired heart function, and circulatory issues.