Holistic Support for Growing Pets
Bringing home a new furry friend is one of the most thrilling feelings in the world! It is essential that your home is appropriately pet-proofed and that you get everything you need for the smoothest start— including the right diet plan, and supplements. Of course, when a new puppy or kitten comes home, that's when reality sets in, and you realize just how much work it is to take care of this little bundle of joy! Puppies love to chew and eat everything in sight, and kittens will hide anywhere they will fit! For all of the shenanigans that your little furbaby is bound to get into, we recommend adding natural supplements to their daily meals as soon as they are vaccinated and weaned. This proactive care plan is beneficial for supporting their overall well-being and giving them a healthy start. It may even be beneficial in slowing down or preventing disease (which may develop due to age, genetics, environment, or poor nutrition). NHV Puppy and Kitten Starter Kit contains Inulin-PK (a deworming aid), Multi Essentials (natural plant-based vitamin and mineral support), Petomega 3 (omega-3 fish oils), Plantaeris (diarrhea support) and First Aid Spray (for minor cuts and wounds).
How the NHV Puppy and Kitten Health Starter Kit Support Overall Health and Vitality
Puppies and kittens have very sensitive GI tracts, and they love to lick, gobble and chew on things that they aren’t supposed to (like poop), so they are prone to having worm or parasite infections, and upset tummies. Ingredients like elecampane, celandine, milk thistle, and wormwood in Inulin-PK are very gentle aids that encourage the healthy elimination of worms and parasites while helping to maintain a healthy gut. Multi Essentials helps your pet get extra vital nutrients and minerals, which may improve nutrient absorption and metabolism, leading to increases in energy levels and overall vitality. In Petomega 3, the EPA and DHA omega 3s provide critical building blocks for healthy skin development in the coat, eye, heart, and brain, as well as support healthy immune response. Plantaeris contains herbs like thyme which promotes digestion by relaxing muscle cramping and Mullein soothes and lubricates delicate intestinal mucosa while providing gentle support for diarrhea. Ingredients like neem, aloe vera, and tea tree oil in the First Aid Spray contain natural disinfectant properties for cleaning wounds and preventing infection, and the sedative properties of California poppy help reduce stress to encourage faster healing.
The most common health issues in puppies and kittens:
- Worms (most young animals inherit worms from their mom)
- Viral infections like FeLV (specific to kittens)
- Parvo (specific to puppies)
- A natural parasite and deworming remedy
- Can support gentle elimination of roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms and whipworms
- Supports the body with repairing damage caused by parasitic infections
- Beneficial for re-balancing the immune system
- Contains herbs rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and more
- Beneficial for overall vitality and metabolism
- May strengthen immune health
- Glycerin-based (sweet taste is palatable for pets)
- Omega 3 fatty acids support healthy skin, eyes and coat
- May improve immune system function
- Beneficial aid against oxidative stress (chronic illness prevention)
- Safe for long term use
- Natural diarrhea remedy that works gently and quickly
- Promotes healthy bowel movements
- May improve digestive health
- Glycerin-based (sweet taste is palatable for pets)
FIRST AID SPRAY
- A cooling antiseptic spray for cuts and scrapes
- May help soothe discomfort and inflammation
- Beneficial for helping to heal wounds and prevent infection
- Alcohol-based (safe to use on cat acne)
Holistic Support for your Puppy or Kitten
Having a healthy pet means the world to us at NHV. Providing your new furbaby with natural support right out of the gate may prevent infections, chronic illnesses and more. Apart from adding supplements to their daily care plan, learn how a personalized diet can help your new puppy or kitten get the best start in life!
- item number
- 4.20 LBS
- 8 fl. oz. (237ml) + 3 x 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml) + 1 fl. oz. (30ml)
- life stages
- made in
Disclaimer: The information provided in relation to the products mentioned is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional veterinary advice or a substitute for consultation with a qualified veterinarian. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any pet health condition. Consult a licensed veterinarian before using any product or making changes to your pet's diet, health, or wellness routine. Individual pet health outcomes may vary, and the effectiveness of the product may depend on various factors specific to your pet. Always carefully read and follow the product label and instructions. The manufacturer and distributor of these products do not assume any liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise from the use of these products on pets. All information is for educational purposes only.
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
- Bacopa—An ancient Ayurvedic herb that promotes GI health, soothes inflammation, rebalances immunity and supports detoxification; contains antiparasitic properties
- Celandine—Beneficial for supporting and protecting the liver and stimulating increased bile production; may help reduce muscle spasms in the GI tract
- Elecampane—Contains a volatile oil called alantolactone which is effective against parasitic worms and is very gentle and safe for all pets, including puppies and kittens (that are weaned and vaccinated)
- Fennel—Known for its ability to relieve gastric upset like stomach cramps and excess gas; contains properties beneficial for digestive health; rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, iron, potassium and linoleic acid
- Jamaica Quassia—May enhance the properties of the other herbs in this formulation; promotes increased stomach acid and bile flow; useful in aiding indigestion and helping to expel internal parasites
- Milk Thistle—Beneficial for protecting and strengthening the liver and kidneys (especially if exposed to damaging toxins); contains properties that stimulate liver cell regeneration
- Oregon Grape—Primarily used for its help against microorganisms, anti-inflammatory and antiparasitic properties; promotes increased bile production; an excellent alternative to goldenseal
- Papaya—An enzyme rich herb that is commonly used for improving digestive issues, reducing scarring and helping to expel intestinal worms
- Wormwood—As the name suggests, it is beneficial for the healthy elimination of worms, especially tapeworms, threadworms and roundworms; safe for puppies and kittens (weaned and vaccinated); has a tonic effect on GI tract
- Alfalfa—Contains a broad spectrum of nutrients including chlorophyll, protein and dietary fiber; beneficial for soothing inflammation in muscles, bones and joints
- Asian Ginseng—Beneficial for protecting the body against disease and stress, improving energy levels and improving metabolism of carbs and fats
- Chickweed—Has a strong affinity for skin and digestive tract; beneficial for any kind of irritation along the GI tract like hairballs or ingesting a foreign object (lubricates digestive lining and encourages gentle elimination).
- Dandelion—Considered to be one of the most nutritious plant foods out there: rich source of vitamin A, C, K, D, B complex, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and many trace minerals; beneficial for improving digestion and absorption
- Kelp—Contains a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals; rich source of iodine which is vital to proper metabolic function and maintaining healthy weight
- Marshmallow—A mucilaginous herb that is beneficial for lubricating inflamed and irritated tissue in the GI tract; rich source of calcium
- Oat—Rich source of protein, vitamins, minerals (calcium, manganese, iron, zinc, copper) essential for maintaining health; beneficial for strengthening the nervous system against stress and fatigue
- Oregon Grape—Primarily used for its help against microorganisms, anti-inflammatory and antiparasitic properties; promotes increased bile production (aids with healthy digestion)
- Parsley—Beneficial for expelling intestinal gas, preventing anemia and relieving urinary disorders; may help prevent buildup of painful crystals in joints that can lead to arthritis; contains vitamins (A, C, B1, B2, K), dietary fiber and minerals (calcium, riboflavin, potassium, iron, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus)
- Stinging Nettle—Highly nutritive herb that is known for its antihistamine, astringent and detoxifying properties
- Yucca—Rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, protein and b vitamins; saponin compounds beneficial for improving absorption and reducing unpleasant odors in urine and feces
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) fatty acids contain anti-inflammatory properties and immunostimulatory properties essential for healthy skin and coat
- Vitamin A —Essential for organ health, ocular health and immunity
- Vitamin D—Beneficial for fighting infections and improving mood
- Vitamin E—Contains free-radical scavengers that shield the body from cell damage and may prevent chronic illness
- Barberry—Traditionally used for diarrhea and reducing inflammation in the GI tract; contains astringent and antibiotic properties that may reduce bacteria in the intestines; beneficial for immune health
- Bayberry—Traditionally used for aiding with diarrhea; contains tannins, resins, and gums that are effective at fighting bacterial infections and improve circulation
- Chamomile—Has been used for centuries as a digestive tonic to help soothe and heal digestive issues and stimulate digestion
- Chinese Peony—Has been used in Chinese Medicine to support the liver and elimination of wastes; helps to relax muscle spasms and stomach discomfort
- Ginger—The enzymes in ginger encourage digestion, circulation and improving intestinal muscle tone (encourages gentle elimination)
- Mullein—A mucilaginous herb that is known to soothe and lubricate the tissues of the GI tract, relieve cramps and diarrhea and fight infections in the intestines
- Myrrh—Contains terpenoids and sesquiterpenes which contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties; may strengthen and activate the immune system while providing relief for overall digestive discomfort
- Oregon Grape—Has strong affinities to the liver, digestive system and mucous membranes; beneficial for stimulating bile flow to improve digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Thyme—Has traditionally been used for improving liver detoxification and rebalancing immune health by encouraging white blood cell formation and increasing resistance to foreign organisms; may help relieve intestinal gas and expel intestinal worms
First Aid Spray
- Aloe Vera—Topically, it is well known for its skin-soothing and healing properties; may provide immediate cooling relief for fleabites, poison ivy and sunburns; its help against microorganisms.
- California Poppy—Contains sedative properties to relax muscle spasms, reduce stress and anxiety and may prevent infection in cuts and scrapes
- Marigold—Beneficial for reducing swelling and relieving discomfort caused by cuts, insect bites, abrasions, dermatitis, bruises, boils and rashes; may stimulate tissue regeneration at the site of injury
- Neem—Contains many healing and disinfectant properties for skin issues, wounds and worms (like ringworm); contains anti-inflammatory properties beneficial for preventing infections and protecting the skin to encourage rapid healing
- Tea Tree oil—Has been traditionally used for cleaning wounds and preventing infections (bacterial and fungal); an effective germicidal agent that is gentle on skin
- Usnea—Effective against skin infections due to its antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties; promotes immune function and healthy skin barrier
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
DIRECTIONS AND DOSAGE FOR FIRST AID SPRAY
How to Administer
Topical Spray: Spray several times a day to affected area until healed.
It may some times be necessary to shave or trim your pet’s hair so that the First Aid spray reaches the affected area. If necessary, cover the affected area with gauze dressing.
Do not spray near or into eyes or nose. May initially sting on open cut
DIRECTIONS AND DOSAGE FOR PETOMEGA-3
Suggested Dosage: To be taken once per day. Add to food based on weight chart.
Therapeutic Dosage: Double the quantity for maximum period of 4 weeks or follow veterinarian advise.
Pet’s Weight Dosage
0-15 lb = ¼ tsp
15-30 lb = ½ tsp
30-60 lb = 1 tsp
60-90 lb = 1 ½ tsp
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.
What do I need to buy for a new puppy?
- Puppy pads
- Leash and collar/harness
- Waste bags
- Dishes for food & water
- Food and treats
- A place to sleep
For more tips and tricks on becoming a new pup parent, read our blog post about it!
Are rawhides ok for puppies?
Chews and bones are a great way to keep your pet happy and stimulated, however, some can be dangerous. Rawhides can break off or get lodged in your pup’s gastrointestinal tract. They often expand when moistened, which makes it harder for your pet to digest them and can result in tummy aches or more severe obstructions.
Do I need to pet-proof my home for my new pet?
While it is entirely up to the person whether or not they want to pet-proof their home, it is highly recommended because you want your home to be safe for your new pet. Puppies love to chew on anything they can get their paws on (including potentially toxic house plants) while kittens may try to chew on loose wires or hide in tiny spots (where they can easily get stuck in).
To learn more, read our vet talk about pet-proofing your home.