Holistic Rabbit Kidney Supplement Support
Sometimes it can be tricky to tell what is bothering your furry companion, because no two pets are alike! But a common health issue that affects our bunny pals is kidney disease. These two bean-shaped organs have several key roles: removing metabolic wastes from the body and maintaining the correct balance of water and electrolytes (salts) within the body. Another important role is producing essential hormones that help maintain healthy blood pressure, production of new blood cells, and allow the body to absorb salt. Lastly, the urinary system processes vitamin D - an integral component for calcium absorption and bone growth.
The two most common types of renal issues are kidney degeneration (often age-related) which can lead to organ failure and acute kidney failure, where symptoms develop suddenly over a few days or weeks and can lead to the kidneys shutting down quickly. This may cause irregularities in your bunny’s urinary output. To figure out if your furkiddo has kidney issues, your vet can run some tests like bloodwork, urinalysis, radiographs, ultrasounds, and/or CT scans, to further investigate their symptoms. The typical course of action for rabbit kidney problems includes intravenous fluid therapy (under the supervision of your trusted vet), the addition of glycoproteins and a kidney-specific, balanced diet.
Symptoms of Rabbit Kidney Problems
- Lack of appetite
- Inappropriate urination
- Change in frequency of urination
- Straining to urinate
- Abnormal urine color
- Soft stools, diarrhea, or constipation
- Possible seizures
- Tender kidneys (abdominal pain)
For kidney degeneration or acute kidney issues, we'd suggest adding a natural rabbit kidney supplement like NHV Tripsy™ to your bunny's daily feeding schedule. It can safely be used short-term as well as long-term as a natural health support. Tripsy™ promotes healthy kidney, bladder, and urinary tract functions and may eliminate kidney stone formation in all of your bunny pals (both young and old).
How NHV’s Supplements Ease Rabbit Kidney Problems
Kidney issues can cause a lot of stress and worry in your Lop and Lionhead pals. Ingredients like Parsley piert and Stone root have diuretic properties that gently regulate urine flow, if on the low/infrequent side, to help keep things flowing normally and prevent the formation of kidney and bladder calculi (often called stones). Herbs like Wild hydrangea and Gravel root have traditionally been used for supporting kidney and urinary health by helping to break down, dissolve and remove stones and prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs). Other ingredients like Echinacea purpurea and Oregon grape's strong antimicrobial properties help combat infections. And lastly, Marshmallow soothes irritated internal tissues and protects cells from oxidative damage.
Causes for Kidney Issues in Rabbits
- Heart failure
- Blood infection
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Urinary tract infection
Help your Rabbit Bounce Back from Rabbit Kidney Problems Naturally
Part of being a pet parent is doing everything you can to support your furkiddo. NHV Natural Pet Products are plant-based and their liquid formulations make them easy to hide in food so getting them to take their daily dose is a total breeze. If you ever feel like you need an extra hand (or paw) when it comes to kidney problems in rabbits, our team of vets and pet experts is always here to help you. Click the button below to get started!
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml)
- liquid;life stages=adult, senior, juvenile"
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
Tripsy™ for Rabbit Kidney Support
- Echinacea purpurea—Commonly used for infections because of its broad range of polysaccharides, flavonoids and more; the polysaccharides enhance antibody production, raise white blood cell count and help reduce inflammation
- Gravel root—Has traditionally been used for inflammation and bacterial infections that cause UTIs (urinary tract infections); helps to break down kidney and bladder calculi
- Marshmallow—Beneficial aid for soothing and protecting irritated internal tissue and reduce swelling in the urinary tract
- Oregon grape—An antimicrobial tonic that is effective against various fungal and bacterial infections and helps relax the nervous system
- Parsley piert—Helps to gently promote normal urinary flow and support healthy kidney function
- Stone root—Has been used for centuries by Native Americans for a wide range of conditions including urinary tract disorders and water retention; has stimulant and diuretic properties
- Wild hydrangea—Has a long history of being used for breaking down, dissolving and removing mineral deposits in the kidneys and bladder as well as relieving discomfort
For Rabbits: 0.5ml twice daily
How to Administer
Shake well before use. The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as mashed banana, strawberry or another favorite treat.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use Tripsy if your pet is pregnant. No known side effects. Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.