Natural Dog Stress Reliever Supplemental Support
With a heightened sense of hearing and smell, small events that seem mundane to us can be terrifying and stressful for your dogs. Sometimes the stress is from the ride to the office, or maybe they are missing their human companions. This all contributes to changes in behavior like excessive panting, drooling, sweaty paws, dilated eyes, pacing, excessively shedding, or just completely shutting down. Some dogs become so stressed that it may lead to fear and aggression.
Other forms of stress in a dog’s life include:
- Working dogs that are pushed too hard
- Flying on a plane
- Special events (eg. fireworks)
- Staying in a shelter
- The loss of an owner
- The loss or addition of a furry playmate
- Going to a new home
In addition to panting, excessive barking/whining, chewing on themselves, shivering (when it’s not cold), panicked tail wagging, or tense muscles, stress can also cause GI tract issues such as diarrhea or vomiting.
The key to a healthy pup is balance. Too much or too little activity can be harmful, as well as too much or too little socialization. A balanced, clean diet also helps maintain the body and the mind. If your dog is susceptible to stress, you can use calming herbs like those found in NHV Lesstress. This formulation gently acts on the nervous system and immune system to provide a natural dog stress reliever.
How NHV’s Natural Dog Stress Relief Eases Stress and Anxiety
For stressful experiences such as separation anxiety, the loss or addition of a furry friend, special events (eg. fireworks) and illness (stress can cause conditions to worsen), the natural (non-addictive) sedative properties of Lesstress gently relax the nervous system and endocrine system. Ingredients like Chamomile, Passion Flower and Lemon Balm work to calm nerves while ingredients like Reishi, Eleuthero, and Echinacea Angustifolia are very beneficial for helping the body adapt to stress and illness and stimulate healthy immune function.
Help Support Your Dog Naturally
All NHV supplements like Lesstress are 100% natural and created by a holistic veterinarian and a master herbalist, specially formulated for pets. Feel free to contact our veterinary professionals to get more insight into your little one’s health and wellbeing.
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- 3.4 fl. oz. (100ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
Lesstress for Dogs
- Chamomile—Known to be a general-purpose calming herb for its antispasmodic and sedative qualities; may be especially helpful for calming digestive issues triggered by nervousness and hyperexcitability
- Echinacea Angustifolia—Beneficial for its immunostimulatory properties (derived from polysaccharides, flavonoids, caffeic acid, essential oils, alkylamides and polyacetylenes)
- Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng)—Well known for its ability to help the body deal with and adapt to stressful situations; may increase energy levels
- Lemon Balm—Has been used since the Middle Ages to reduce stress and anxiety; beneficial support for nervous disorders, excitability and anxiety
- Passion Flower—Contains alkaloids and flavonoids which are natural non-addictive sedatives; anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic properties are also beneficial for relieving general discomfort
- Reishi—Beneficial for helping the body deal with and adapt to stress eg. managing high blood pressure (that may be brought on by stress and anxiety); known to be a smooth muscle relaxant and may help restore immune health
Pet's Weight Dosage
To be taken twice daily. All NHV supplements are designed to be used together, and can, therefore, be given at once for convenience.
Select your pet's weight to determine the correct dose.
To be taken twice daily. Determine your pet’s weight and then use the easy chart below to determine the correct dose. This is the minimum dosage.
Pet's Weight Dosage
0 - 15 lb = 0.5 ml
16 - 30 lb = 1.0 ml
31 - 45 lb = 1.5 ml
46 - 60 lb = 2.0 ml
61 - 75 lb = 2.5 ml
Over 75 lb = 3.0 ml
For small animals (rabbits, ferrets), avians and reptiles use 1 drop for every 2 lb of body weight.
How to Administer
Shake well before use.
The easiest method is to use the dropper provide and places the drops into your pet’s food or favorite treat. You can also use the dropper and squirt directly into the pet’s mouth.
Some pets can be finicky, if this occurs consider hiding the drops in foods most pet’s love such as fish, chicken or yogurt or a favourite treat. If your pet only eats dry food then soak a few kibbles at feeding time.
For Best Results
Herbal dietary supplements are beneficial to the health and wellbeing of your pet and are safe for long-term use. Every pet responds to natural herbal supplements differently, therefore it is important to be consistent and administer the product daily. Supplements generally take two to four weeks to take effect, however this will vary from one animal to the next.
All NHV Natural Pet Products are pure herbal extracts and contain no artificial additives, preservatives or coloring. Shelf life after opening is 6 months and must be refrigerated after opening.
Cautions and Contraindications
Do not use Lesstress in pregnant or nursing animals.
Speak to your vet before using our products. A second visit is recommended if your pet’s condition does not improve, or deteriorates after continued use of the supplements.
All information provided by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.