Natural Support for Dermatitis, Mange and Skin Infections
Your pup's skin is their largest organ! And because of this, their skin is constantly susceptible to infection, airborne irritants, icky biting insects and much more. Your furkiddo will scratch and bite when they are feeling stressed and have ouchies on their body. This obsessive behavior can introduce unwanted bacteria, whether it is from the environment or your pup’s own body, which can lead to infection. An itchy, inflamed ‘dog hot spot’ can be the end result. If these dog hot spots are left untreated, they can progress to secondary skin infections, abscesses or even metastatic tumors (eg. carcinoma). Ouch Away spray, dog skin infection spray, helps heal inflamed, itchy skin and promotes hair regrowth.
How NHV's Dog Skin Infection Spray Relieves Irritated Skin
Since your pup’s skin is their largest organ, it probably doesn't surprise you that skin issues are the most common health concern in dogs. These include (but are not limited to) dermatitis, mange and skin infections.
Dermatitis in dogs is a hypersensitivity or allergic reaction to a variety of common and typically harmless environmental substances. These allergens include grasses, pollens, house dust mites, or mold spores. Breeds predisposed to developing allergies include Chinese Shar-Peis, Wire Fox Terriers, Golden Retrievers, Dalmatians, Boxers, Boston Terriers, Labrador Retrievers, Lhasa Apsos, Scottish Terriers, Shih Tzus, and West Highland White Terriers. However, any breed (purebred or mixed) can be susceptible to allergies. The areas most affected are generally the paws, face, ears, front legs, and abdomen, but scratching all over the body is fairly common too. Ouch Away Spray for dog skin infections, contains ingredients like Chamomile, Marigold and Aloe vera that cools and soothes wounds, burns and irritated skin while strengthening the immune system.
The most common signs of dermatitis in dogs are:
- Overall itchiness
- Greasy and/or red skin
- Possible foul odor and/or smelly discharge
- Scaly, crusty, and/or flaky skin
- Thickened skin, aka 'elephant skin'
- Darkly pigmented skin (hyperpigmentation)
- Chronic or recurring ear infections
Dog mange is caused by mites and can lead to inflamed skin and nasty sores. Scabies or sarcoptic mange is contagious and is transmissible to humans. Black mange is not transmissible to humans due to it being a genetic condition. Secondary bacterial and yeast infections may develop if left untreated while sores on the skin can build up and release a powerful musty odor. You can learn more about mange and how to help your dog if they are suffering from it in Dr. Cook's article on mange. Ingredients like Rosemary, Tea Tree oil and Lemongrass oil, within the Ouch Away Spray, are effective topically against external parasites, combating skin infections and helping to stimulate fur regrowth (from constant biting and scratching).
Help Support Your Dog Naturally
NHV Ouch Away Spray, dog skin infection spray, is an effective topical spray that is 100% natural and vet-formulated to soothe your pup’s skin, coat issues, and dog hot spots. To learn more about what causes dog hot spots and how to help your furry friend, read our vet talk or watch our video about skin infections. Get in touch with an NHV pet expert if you have any questions or concerns about skin and coat health - we are always here to help!
- item number
- 0.70 LBS
- 1 fl. oz. (30ml)
- life stages
- adult, senior, puppy
- made in
Made with the finest, organically grown, or ethically harvested herbs. Made specifically for pets, vet-formulated and vet approved.
- Aloe Vera —Externally used for over a millennia to heal burns, wounds and sores; may help stimulate skin growth
- Chamomile —Contains anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe and heal inflamed skin; an excellent calming agent with antimicrobial properties
- Lemongrass oil —The essential oils citral and geraniol are beneficial against fungal and bacterial infections; effective insect repellent
- Calendula —Also known as Calendula Officinalis; when applied topically, soothes pain and reduces swelling; has been used traditionally for wounds, dermatitis, fleabites, poison ivy, eczema, sunburn and burns in general
- Oregon Grape —The antimicrobial and antiparasitic properties may help fight infections (bacterial and fungal); stimulates the immune system and relaxes the nervous system
- Lavender oil —Traditionally used for treating skin diseases, to soothe irritated skin and repel bugs (including ticks and mosquitos); lavender’s fragrance has a calming effect on a dog’s nerves
- Rosemary —Contains rosmarinic acid which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that protect against hair follicle damage and encourage hair regrowth
- Tea Tree oil —Commonly used topically for soothing cuts and minor wounds; beneficial for aiding with biting insects (eg, mites, mosquitos and fleas)
How to Administer
Topical Spray: Spray several times a day to affected area until healed. It may some times be necessary to shave or trim your pet’s hair so that the Ouch Away spray reaches the affected area. If necessary, cover the affected area with gauze dressing.
Do not spray near or into eyes or nose. May initially sting on an open cut. A vet examination prior to use of this product is recommended. If your pet’s condition does not improve or deteriorates consult your vet and stop the use of the product.
Information presented by NHV Natural Pet Products is for educational purposes only.